🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Rejected payment
Page options
Ronald E Community Member

Rejected payment

Upwork told me a payment to my local bank account was rejected, but when I ask the bank, they say they have no record of the transaction. Upwork already take 20% and other forms of payment are more expensive, so I'd really like to get paid through my local bank as I do by other clients worldwide.  So how can I get evidence from Upwork that they tried to transfer to my account on around 13/14 May?

37 REPLIES 37
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ronald,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Just to confirm, your withdrawal was returned to your Upwork account. I would recommend withdrawing your funds again and if you experiencing any problems let me know here. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow here as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Ronald E Community Member

You mean withdraw through my local bank again?
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Ronald,

I would recommend double checking your payment method and the details you`ve added before you`re withdrawing the funds again. Once you`re sure that you`ve added the correct account feel free to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Eshaan S Community Member

I have experienced the same issue, and I have tried withdrawing the money twice and it has failed
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Eshaan,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Eshaan S Community Member

Yes thank you! I have received an email.
I have changed my bank account and using another account that I have, I'll try withdrawing in a few days.
I'll reach via email if I experience more difficulties!
Aruneeta S Community Member

I have faced the same issue. My money went down from 18 dollars to 15 . Because of the platform fee. The money is getting rejected everytime.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Aruneeta,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon here to assist. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Md Shikh I Community Member

I have faced the same issue. My money went down from 1.99 dollars to 1 . Because of the platform fee. I have added all deatils of local bank but the payment is rejected by the bank. What should i do?

Amna T Community Member

I have faced exactly the sams issue. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Amna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Finlay W Community Member

Upwork? Money? Oh yeah, that's theirs now. 

Frida F Community Member

I have tried withdrawing the money three times and it has failed. The withdrawal was returned to my Upwork account but charges per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal don't.

Hi Frida,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties applying funds to your Local Bank. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here and coordinate with the team once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Hichan K Community Member

hello , I  I exactly have the same problem, i tried to withdrawing the money and it has failed. The withdrawal was returned to my Upwork account , i will send you a screenshot. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

0 Upvotes

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Hiichan,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that the funds were returned due to incorrect or invalid bank details. Could you please check and add the payment method again? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Frida F Community Member

Hi Arjay,
Thank you for your help! I got my payment

You're always welcome Frida,

It's great to hear that you already received your payment. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance with your account and if you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Mujuzi M Community Member

Hey my payment is getting rejected when ever I try withdrawing, iam using PayPal and everything is set well,it's really annoying 

Hi Mujuzi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Areeba S Community Member

I'm facing the same issue.. my payment got rejected twice. please help

Hi Areeba,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties receiving your payments. I've shared your concern with our support team and raised a ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of the members will contact you on this page with further assistance once your account is thoroughly reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Felia Restu A Community Member

I exactly have the same problem, i tried to withdrawing the money (direct transfer to local bank) and it got rejected. The withdrawal was returned to my Upwork account

Hi Felia,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members