Page options
dalemitchell
Community Member

[Removed by author]

[Removed by author]

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

You're not the first and won't be the last. Sometimes, it's the whole profile. It can be a long and frustrating battle to get Upwork to take any action on it, and sometimes it never happens. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
tlsanders
Community Member

You're not the first and won't be the last. Sometimes, it's the whole profile. It can be a long and frustrating battle to get Upwork to take any action on it, and sometimes it never happens. 

He has not even bothered to change the bullet style atleast. Robot LOL

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dale,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

[Removed by author]

Hi Dale,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

[Removed by author]

Dale M wrote:

"Very soon", yet I still haven't received any update...

If Upwork cared more about its reputation, this would have been handled days ago.

You do realize that it's Christmas, Dale? As annoying as it must be that this has happened, cut people a little slack at this time of year - every one deserves a break, including Upwork employees. Personally, I think it's to the site's credit that people are actually getting responses on Boxing Day from the Moderators.

I hope you get everything sorted out very soon.

Richard S wrote:

Dale M wrote:.

If Upwork cared more about its reputation, this would have been handled days ago.

You do realize that it's Christmas, Dale?

I agree to a point, but over a week? This was first reported to Support before the OP brought it to the forum 6 days ago.

Petra R wrote:

Richard S wrote:

Dale M wrote:.

You do realize that it's Christmas, Dale?

I agree to a point, but over a week? This was first reported to Support before the OP brought it to the forum 6 days ago.

Hi Petra, I'm not bigging up Upwork. In an ideal world, it would have been dealt with before Christmas, I just think it's to be expected that some things are not dealt with as quickly as people would like at this time of the year, that's all.

[Removed by author]

[Removed by author]

Dale M wrote:

Finally, just over two weeks after initially contacting Upwork to bring the violation to their attention, the freelancer's profile overview has been edited to remove all of the content that was directly copied from my profile.

Keep an eye on it, because there have been several times we've seen on here where the freelancer changes it, waits for Upwork to remove the flag, and then puts the same content back. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

This is ridiculous. So the freelancer plagiarizes  then is allowed to stay so they can pull the same crap with clients? If Upwork is trying to cull the sea of Freelancers, then you'd think this would be one easy way to do so - banning profiles that are clearly plagiarized. 

Amanda L wrote:

This is ridiculous. So the freelancer plagiarizes  then is allowed to stay so they can pull the same crap with clients? If Upwork is trying to cull the sea of Freelancers, then you'd think this would be one easy way to do so - banning profiles that are clearly plagiarized. 

It sucks, but on Proz for instance, they don't even have an anti-plagiarism policy. It is not prohibited to copy/paste profiles from others.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

[Removed by author]

Dale,

I have been obliged to put a note in my overview to other freelancers who are thinking of stealing my profile, that I will go after them. So far, it seems to have worked (I haven't checked in a while), but I will go after them - and make their lives so miserable that they will regret they ever even thought about freelancing. 

[Removed by author]

Dale M wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

Dale,

I have been obliged to put a note in my overview to other freelancers who are thinking of stealing my profile, that I will go after them. So far, it seems to have worked (I haven't checked in a while), but I will go after them - and make their lives so miserable that they will regret they ever even thought about freelancing. 

The way I see it is the offending freelancers are already making their own lives miserable. To respect the Community Guidelines, I cannot provide specifics on the other freelancer, but I will say that since the infringing content was removed from their profile, it has been replaced with misspellings and grammatical errors. Ironically, the hourly rate was raised too! I can't say what the new rate is or how much it was raised, but I will say it is silly! Smart clients will see these red flags and choose to hire a different freelancer. Other clients who decide to hire the freelancer will likely not receive the best quality of work they could have received with less money.

Well - good luck. The way I see it and am still seeing it - not only with my profile - is that freelancers who steal or buy other freelancers' accounts are doing very nicely for themselves, and because of that, it is difficult to get them taken down. But I am sure you know best. 

[Removed by author]
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members