🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing a message
Page options
8a6c149e
Community Member

Removing a message

I received a message, from somone who may have been a scammer. It appears they can no longer access Upwork. I am unable to archive or delete the message. Any suggestions. Attached screen capture of what i am referring to. Thanks for input.

Cheers,
Brett

7 REPLIES 7
michael_skaggs
Community Member

If you hover over the message list, you should see a little "three dot" icon. If you click on that, it should give you the option to hide the message.

colettelewis
Community Member

Brett R wrote:

I received a message, from somone who may have been a scammer. It appears they can no longer access Upwork. I am unable to archive or delete the message. Any suggestions. Attached screen capture of what i am referring to. Thanks for input.

Cheers,
Brett

I think you should ask CS. Did you answer an invitation and get this message? I can't understand how you received a message without being invited first. If they can no longer access Upwork, they may have been suspended. I have flagged your post for a mod to have a look. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brett,

This is by design, as there has to be one room in the navigation panel on the left in the Messages. Since the room you are trying to hide is the only room you currently have, it can't be hidden by design. Whenever you will have another room with another client, you will be able to hide this room

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Brett,

This is by design, as there has to be one room in the navigation panel on the left in the Messages. Since the room you are trying to hide is the only room you currently have, it can't be hidden by design. Whenever you will have another room with another client, you will be able to hide this room

Thank you.

Bojan, this is what the OP wrote: 

The problem seems to be that the OP received a message out of the blue from a client "who cannot access Upwork". So what does this mean - exactly.

Nichola, a message room is only created on the interview stage. So a freelancer has to either accept an invite from the client or a client has to respond to a freelancer's proposal in order for a room to be created.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:

Nichola, a message room is only created on the interview stage. So a freelancer has to either accept an invite from the client or a client has to respond to a freelancer's proposal in order for a room to be created.

----------------------

Quite. So why was the client having a problem accessing Upwork, and why does the OP think this is a scam? 

Nichola,

We won't be able to answer those questions as it will mean sharing information about an account we can't share. Rest assured, however, that proper action is taken if it's confirmed that an account is used to scam other users. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members