🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Removing feedback from project catalog
Page options
52bf3193
Community Member

Removing feedback from project catalog

Hello. So for the first time in 8 months I got a public feedback/rating which is less than 5 stars. I checked with the client during the work and he said that my approach was in the exact direction he wanted. He liked it. After I submitted the work, he approved the project and ended the contract right away. He didn’t say anything or didn’t ask for any edits even though I was willing to incorporate any changes required. This was a project purchased from my project catalog. The client gave me a 4.60 rating for this. Now, if I want to remove the feedback, when do I get the next chance to remove feedback as a top-rated professional?  I know the usual limit is once every 3 months. But I saw somewhere for project catalogs, you get to remove one feedback each month. Is that correct? If that is the case and I use this perk for project catalog now, when can I next have this available for any other jobs that are not part of project catalog?  

I'd really appreciate it if someone can please clarify this. 

Thank you for your time!  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's three months plus 10 contracts. But I wouldn't remove a 4.6 rating if I were you; it'll be replaced with "This feedback has been removed" which many clients will misinterpret as meaning that you can get any bad review removed, thus hurting the credibility of your other reviews. I recommend only removing feedback if it's really, really bad and/or if it takes your JSS below 90%.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
spectralua
Community Member

Same as generic feedbacks. You can request it right now then Upwork will remove it or indicate reason why not removed.

Hi Mykola. Thank you for the response. But if I use the perk now, when is the next time I can use it again? Will it be after 3 months or I can use it after a month?

After 3 for sure. Have no idea where you saw about 1, maybe i missed some. But i dont think is Upwork have 2 separate timers for generic or catalog feedbacks.

It's 3. Upwork only has one rule.

Thanks for sharing 

Thanks, that's all I needed to know!

It's three months plus 10 contracts. But I wouldn't remove a 4.6 rating if I were you; it'll be replaced with "This feedback has been removed" which many clients will misinterpret as meaning that you can get any bad review removed, thus hurting the credibility of your other reviews. I recommend only removing feedback if it's really, really bad and/or if it takes your JSS below 90%.

Thanks Christine for taking the time to respond. This did make sense and I'd probably keep the feedback. It's just bugging me but I'm glad it's not one of my biggest contracts. Thanks again. 

You can remove JSS-ONLY and leave public feedback. So you will get no "feedback removed" and good JSS at same time. 😉

That sounds good too. I'll give it a thought. Thanks for the suggestion, Mykola! 

Real story: One freelancer keeped and keeped this 3 monthes for a "black days". Then got bad feedback and dropped below 90, so lost top-rated and unable to remove it anymore. With regular removals he could avoid it, but it happened. Think about it.

I know what you mean - I hate it when my JSS falls below 100 or if someone gives me less than 5 stars. 

the-right-writer
Community Member

A 4.6 rating is not bad. Why would you want to remove it?

I want to get the 100% JSS back and this is certainly not going to help me with that

Anika T wrote:

I want to get the 100% JSS back and this is certainly not going to help me with that

98% is also a good JSS.

Yes, you can remove feedback, but maaaaybe you can leave it? Your JSS is good, public feedback of 4.6 is good.

Thanks Antun for your response. I might consider leaving it for a while

You are at 98% JSS. Do not worry about one rating. Not everyone will give you five stars. Five stars and the appropriate private feedback should be only for stellar work, not average.

Well, till now I have gotten all the 5 stars and 96%+ private feedbacks. And I maintained my 100% JSS for a long time ever since I got a JSS score. That's because I deliver stellar works, not average. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members