🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Report a client hwo has Violated Upwork terms...
Page options
3c86c9c5
Community Member

Report a client hwo has Violated Upwork terms and conditions

Hi, I want to report a Client who has violated several Upwork terms and conditions. 

Among these are: 

* Offers payment outside Upwork

* The payment he offers is unrealistic, too high. 

* Invites freelancers to communicate via telegram 

* He is asking for money in advance to make the payment for my work. 

I set myself the task of hunting down this scam. 

I have taken screenshots of the whole process that made me do this suspicious client. 

The purpose of the contract was to TRANSLATE a 90 page DOCUMENT from English to Spanish and other languages. 

The ridiculous payment they are offering is 1,800 USD. 

Once I finished my work and sent them the result, they asked me for my bank details to make the payment. 

Of course, I was not stupid enough to give them that personal information. That's why I shared my Skrill account with them. 

But finally they were asking me to pay a sum of 105 USD to make the payment to my Skrill account. 

With that I confirm that they are scammers. 

I've received mails from the suspicious client with instructions, but from the beginning I knew it was a scam. 

However, I decided to post it here in the community, because I don't see a mail from Upwork, nor the right way to post these scammers.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Here is the name of the person hwo has contacted me at the first time 

As You can see, the work is not longer avaible in Upwork 

First the scammer told me to start a Telegram chat. Then by the same means I was instructed to register on a page that belongs to a supposed company 

And then they gave me the instructions by email and Telegram, to complete the job. 

(It consists of translating a 90-page document in 3 days and the amount they offer is 1,800 USD). 

This thread has been closed from further replies. Thank you for participating in the discussion.

After that, they told me the payment method, but that I supposedly first had to send them 105 USD via bank transfer, Skrill or Neteller. Because it was supposedly necessary to cover the commission. 

Of course I was not stupid enough to do that, and I asked them 

Why don't you cover the commission with the 1,800 you are going to pay me? 

To which they replied that it was not possible. 

In short.... I am making this public denouncement so that we are all aware of these scams. 

I hope that some of you will please help me to report these guys.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spectralua
Community Member

You already reported.

Few things:

Thousands os same scammers was reported already. Check forum, someone like you do the same monthly. Someone was scammed daily.

You broke rules by contacting Telegram. May be banned for that. Scammer will reregister after ban, you wont.

It is well known scam. You did huge job but it is useless: scammers used random names and will reregister new bot within 5 min. Next time just report outside contact request and move forward.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

You already reported.

Few things:

Thousands os same scammers was reported already. Check forum, someone like you do the same monthly. Someone was scammed daily.

You broke rules by contacting Telegram. May be banned for that. Scammer will reregister after ban, you wont.

It is well known scam. You did huge job but it is useless: scammers used random names and will reregister new bot within 5 min. Next time just report outside contact request and move forward.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Flag their job post.

imeldar
Community Member

I am being scam by these people also with the exact scam method. they offer me the exact amount $1800 for 4 days deadline and they will pay me through local bank. Thanks for your posting I almost did the project.

3c86c9c5
Community Member

With pleasure. Glad it was helpful. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members