Hi I was not able to logged in any of my work for last week, how will be able to let my client pay me for the days I worked?

5 REPLIES 5
mthornton-cpc

You can enter the time manually, but be advised that it's not guaranteed by Upwork as hourly time is. I use manual time quite often because of platform downtime and have an understanding with my clients to that effect. You may want to reach out to your client, let them know that you weren't able to use the time tracker and that you'll need to enter manual time. You should enter notes that include details of what you were working on during the manual entry times. 

katrinabeaver

@Edselie Joyce C wrote:

Hi I was not able to logged in any of my work for last week, how will be able to let my client pay me for the days I worked?

If you didn't track it there's really nothing you can do because the timesheets have already went in for review.  You might be able to communicate with your client and see if he/she will let you add manual time this week for it.   

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

I hope things work out for you, Edselie.

But for future reference, this isn't how one is supposed to use Upwork.

Doing work while NOT logging time AND not adding the time manually and NOT communicating with one's client as soon as time-tracking issues occur... can all be categorized as very much "not cool."

You might try communicating with the client and asking if you can add manual time this week to cover the work you did. But you need to KEEP IT SHORT. Don't write a long description of what happened. A few sentences at most should suffice.

I think you should understand, however, that the time for adding manual time ends when th week ends. You can't go back and add time to past weeks.

You should also know that the client has every right to not pay you for the time you didn't log.

NOT referencing the original poster's situation, I might make the following observation:

As a client, if a contractor told me that they worked for me last week but they were not able to log time, I might be tempted to think to myself:

"That's funny. There were ten million other Upwork contractors who WERE able to log time last week. Maybe I should be working with one of them."

@Preston H wrote:

NOT referencing the original poster's situation, I might make the following observation:

As a client, if a contractor told me that they worked for me last week but they were not able to log time, I might be tempted to think to myself:

"That's funny. There were ten million other Upwork contractors who WERE able to log time last week. Maybe I should be working with one of them."

Fair point, but as an Upwork user who was plagued by outages for weeks on end I can attest to the wonkiness of the platform limiting actual use of the time tracker sometimes. Simply not logging in is another thing entirely, but when you are unable to use the time tracker because of a system glitch and you're on deadline it puts you in a bind. For awhile I took screenshots of the errors so that my clients could see I wasn't trying to pull a fast one and submitted them via email with my manual time.