Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for new feature: Custom order/offer/job

moha-plaban
Community Leader
Mahmudul H Member Since: Jul 9, 2012
1 of 9
I wish upwork add a new feature like custom order, so freelancer can send custom offer to client and client can also send custom order via inbox. so it will be faster and easy way to get more order. for example: sometimes i offer web hosting package to my client, so i wish there was some feature like custom order so i can just send them offer and they just click to order it (cloud be hourly or fixed price job) anyways i hope uwprok team will think about it. thanks
TOP RATED - WordPress Designer and Developer
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 9

Mahmudul:

You can already do this.

As a freelancer, I often do this. I have clients I work with, and they want me to do something new for them. I routinely write up a description of the project or the milestone and send it to them through Upwork messenging tool. They copy and paste it into the field needed to create a new job/contract/milestone.

Sometimes I do this with new clients as well, if their posted job description attracted my attention or led to us communicating in the first place, but isn't completely what we need for a fixed-price contract, then I will send them the text that the need.

moha-plaban
Community Leader
Mahmudul H Member Since: Jul 9, 2012
3 of 9
Hi, right you are, sometimes we need to deliver new things to client as they ask for. so do you agree with me? we need a custom order/offer system? so it will be more easy and faster. Smiley Happy
TOP RATED - WordPress Designer and Developer
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 9

Mahmudul:

If you're talking about creating packages that you send out spam or advertising messages to people to get them as new customers, then that is not going to happen.

I don't know if that's what you're actually talking about, though. I don't really understand what you mean about a custom offer system.

Feel free to describe it so we can understand. But as far as I can tell you are asking for one of two things:

a) something we can already do

[or]

b) something Upwork is never going to do, and Upwork's clients thank them for not doing it.

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
5 of 9

@Preston H wrote:

Mahmudul:

If you're talking about creating packages that you send out spam or advertising messages to people to get them as new customers, then that is not going to happen.

I don't know if that's what you're actually talking about, though. I don't really understand what you mean about a custom offer system.

Feel free to describe it so we can understand. But as far as I can tell you are asking for one of two things:

a) something we can already do

[or]

b) something Upwork is never going to do, and Upwork's clients thank them for not doing it.

Preston, the OP is talking about a feature that exists on another site where freelancers don't bid for jobs. On this site, you sell gigs, or a package of gigs, with a gig including all the features that go with your basic service (for a fixed, advertised price) which clients can buy by placing an order for a basic gig. 

If this does not suit a client, you can send him a custom offer that includes items that are not in your basic gig, hence the term, "custom offer". 

However, I fail to see how this is different from how we do things on Upwork, since all contracts can be negotiated to include items that are not included in the original job offers clients post.  

grandpateam
Syed Farhan N Member Since: May 1, 2018
6 of 9

Hey Mahmudul H

I completely agree with you about adding the "Custom Offer" feature here on Upwork. On the former platform Elance we used this facility to create a custom offer for our clients as per their specific requirements. We were able to add the price, term and conditions, delivery timeframe etc.
Sometime clients do not have the time to create a new project and they need an instant start. I am sure it will be a very productive feature to add.
It will be a simple button which says "Custom Offer" at the bottom right of the conversation tab. I create a visual which is attached with this message so people can understand that how it could be shown .

naeemakram92
Naeem A Member Since: Dec 24, 2018
7 of 9

i agree

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
8 of 9

Zombie thread

mair_enterprise
Maira B Member Since: May 15, 2021
9 of 9