Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to Upwork: Plus plan connects

Ace Contributor
Isaac N Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 11

Hi,

I work in IT section and from my expereince during serveral years I found only 10% of the clients that I applied to their projects hire someone the rest 90% they just dont hire anyone !!

So the 60 connects in the free plan that get me 30 proposals are not enough so I upgrade to plus plan to get another 70 connects but the problem I found out that I dont get the full 70 connects but less than that according to some fomula, so my request please add full 70 connects when someone upgrade to plus plan so I can have more chances to get hired.

Thanks

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 11
You are saying each and every month before the renewal date, you moved to Basic plan and utilize all those 60 connects and once done you will move to Plus to get another 70 connects, right? :-)
Ace Contributor
3 of 11

Yes Ramesh

I used to do that in elance.com and most freelancer do that there is nothing fancy about it.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 11

Hi Isaac,

As long as you stay in the Plus plan, all "future" billing cycles you'll receive 70 connects. At upgrade you received a prorated number of Connects. Proration is based on how many days into your Basic plan's billing cycle you were at upgrade. You can find more information about it in this help article.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
5 of 11

Hi Valeria ,

Yes but I really writing this as a suggestion to consider change this system, most clients dont hire anyone so the 70 connects are not enough and I kept buying more conencts this month and still did not get hired from any new client !! so please help.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 11

@Isaac N wrote:

most clients dont hire anyone 

This is simply not true. Maybe this is true for the jobs you are applying to, but it is definitely not true for the whole platform.

@Isaac N wrote:

I kept buying more conencts this month and still did not get hired from any new client !! 

If you cannot land a single job Isaac, it's not the connects. It's you.

Your JSS is 64%, who is going to hire you with such low JSS? You can have seven thousands connects per month, it won't change anything.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
7 of 11

Rene,

I am talking about the IT section, there most client dont hire anyone

About the JSS it was drop from 88% to 64% wihtout getting single new job or "unssceful" job, in fact I did not have any unssceful job in my history so maybe you can explain how this rate was dropped ??

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 11

@Isaac N wrote:

Rene,

About the JSS it was drop from 88% to 64% wihtout getting single new job or "unssceful" job, in fact I did not have any unssceful job in my history so maybe you can explain how this rate was dropped ??

I can try.

Clients leave public feedback, and then, they are asked for private feedback, just the same way you are asked for a private feedback when a contract is ended.

They may be unhappy with their contractor's work but being too kind to hurt him with a poor feedback. Then, when asked privately how it went, they may be more open. This impacts JSS.

Also, it is very possible that numerous refunds may have an impact on the JSS.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
9 of 11

Thanks Rene,

I got 88% as the first rate when I migrate my profile from elance to upwork since then I did not have single problem with any clients also I did not do any refund. One client did not want to give me details about what is required to do that job so I cannceled the job and thats it so why !!

@Valeria can you please help and check my profile why my rate was dropped like this ?

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
10 of 11

@Isaac N wrote:

Thanks Rene,

I got 88% as the first rate when I migrate my profile from elance to upwork since then I did not have single problem with any clients also I did not do any refund. One client did not want to give me details about what is required to do that job so I cannceled the job and thats it so why !!

@Valeria can you please help and check my profile why my rate was dropped like this ?

Valeria won't be able to give you all the details about your rate dropping as some parts of the JSS score are kept private so freelancers can't "game the system".  There are many threads on here about JSS that you can read and see what others are saying, but the JSS complete, whole recipe is secret.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS