cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversed money without my fault

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
11 of 32

Did they give you a reason it was reversed?

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
12 of 32

I am sorry to say you that , i asked odesk  a zillion times, They answers they are not able to tell me about anything and its policy violation.

I always wanted to know that and asked them if i dont have any fault then why odesk reversed my job money.

they didnt answer yet.

Regards

Dijatul

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
13 of 32

It is indicated here

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23153768-Fixed-Price-with-Escrow-Protection-for-Freelancers

that escrowed funds are to ensure the client's ability to pay. So as long as the job was funded (means there was an escrow amount) you should be able to file a dispute based on this

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23109971-How-do-I-dispute-for-release-of-escrowed-funds-

for escrow protection. Afterall this is the purpose of the change. On top of the fact that the funds were released to you, I cannot see how or why the payment would have been reversed.

Is there some other factor you are leaving out?

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
14 of 32

HI setu,

I already told you that he paid me and he didnt end the  contract.anything else.please let me know

regards

dijatul

Community Guru
15 of 32

Based on your reply, it seems that there was a policy violation. Since you are not getting full details from Customer Support, it will be difficult to understand much. As long as the violation was not on your side I would think that you can file a dispute to get back the money.

I would recommend contacting customer support and asking about filing a dispute, or just go ahead and get it started.

Maybe one of the Mods can shed more guidance as to the steps to be taken.

Community Guru
16 of 32

This was handeling by odesk hire authority.

I contacted customer support they told me i should wait.....I contacted also hire authority who was handeling this case ,his name is Blanche,he is the hier authority and he also told me ...he has nothing to do.......

Community Guru
17 of 32

Everyone here in the community can only provide guidance in as far as we know how to. I would once again suggest one of two things:

Visit this link

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23109971-How-do-I-dispute-for-release-of-escrowed-funds-

and follow the instructions to file a dispute.

Or you can wait for a Moderator to comment on this thread and give further instructions - since Customer Service seems to be a dead end.

Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
18 of 32

Something smells rotten in Denmark...(sorry, Shakespeare)...you have a fixed price contract, you have escrow protection. You have an hourly contract (with time logged via oDesk time thingy) you have guarantee. You don't have either, you have no protection, period. That is, unless oDesk is screwing its freelancers...then something REALLY smells rotten in Denmark...

Community Guru
19 of 32
Once oDesk uses the word "violation", then there must be something else involved - whether real or apparent. So its a wait and see matter.
Community Guru
20 of 32

I tried everything to contacted them but no result.....I asked several times...but no result

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS