🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ridiculously low budgets jobs - Upwork pl...
Page options
Jorge I Community Member

Ridiculously low budgets jobs - Upwork please DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

I think no one will disagree with me on this. It takes more and more time to find serious offers among all the crazy, ridiculously cheap proposals that people post. Upwork should seriously work on a series of filters so that job offers have a minimum of seriousness and find a fair balance between price and demand. What are your thoughts guys? Upwork can you comment on it please?

33 REPLIES 33
Tiffany S Community Member

Can you provide your in-depth analysis of the costs of running a freelance platform and the percentage of earnings that fall below 10% and above in order to explain how you have concluded that a cap of $1,000 in fees per client/freelancer relationship is "more than sufficient"? I am especially interested in your math given that the current system, which charges fees on all earnings for at least two years, has consistently proven INSUFFICIENT to keep Upwork out of the red. 

Joseph D Community Member

Perhaps Upwork needs to get X'd like that other company did. 80% reduction in labor diet, still works! (?)

They just made a big cut in staff. Seems everything has gotten a lot worse since, including people with serious issues such as payment processing problems waiting several days for a response.

I don't need Upwork to help me vet postings. If the budget is too low, keep scrolling..it takes a fraction of a second.

James S Community Member

Harumph. I wanted to flag a posting. Upwork says 'it is easy to flag' just push the 'flag' icon on the job posting.

Har har...I looked at many job postings and NOT ONE has the 'flag' icon.

Somehow, that does not fall into the 'easy' category.

Thanks in abundance.

Jeanne H Community Member

You have to open the job because you don't see it in the job feed.

therightwriter_0-1693077574958.png

James S Community Member

Duh! Missed it. When the note about this said 'at the bottom' I was thinking about the bottom-bottom. Heh.

Thank you very much.

Michelle S Community Member

Good luck to the clients going for those super low rates—hope it turns out to be a bargain and not a headache!

Jeanne H Community Member

It won't. They'll be in the forum whining because someone they paid in pennies didn't do an expert job. And I will remind them, you get what you pay for.

Note to freelancers: Stop accepting dirt cheap jobs! Those $5.00 jobs will not help your profile, and will define your future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members