Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Badge suddenly disappeared

Ace Contributor
Mehran V Member Since: Jan 22, 2019
11 of 15

Hello once again Petra,

The System must have made an error then. I have made beyond excellent progress on Upwork since joining less than 2 months ago and it is appalling that you are treating a dedicated and hardworking professional with bigotry and contempt. 

I have received ratings on four projects so far. three of them are 5 out of 5 star ratings and the fourth is very close to a 5 out of 5 star rating. Never the less, all of my clients have been satisfied with my performance and they have stated this explicitly both to me in person as well as through the feedback portal.

I challenge you to show me a guideline or policy established by Upwork that states that "Freelancers MUST receive 5 out of 5 star ratings from absolutely ALL their clients in order to remain in the Rising Talent program!!!". There is no such policy as the rules are fairly generic. Please get off your high horse and look at the facts!

If there is an algorithm that decided that I should be left out of that program please provide me with more details on that algorithm. Here are the guidelines and requirements for the Rising talent program:

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test (link in email invitation)
2. Have at least one contract (but too few to receive a JSS) and deliver great results to your clients
3. Complete your projects on time and as promised
4. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
5. Keep your availability status up-to-date
6. Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
7. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
8. Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 days

Kindly point out which of these 8 I have violated and how?

Eagerly looking to forward to hearing back from you.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

Mehran V wrote:

The System must have made an error then. I have made beyond excellent progress on Upwork since joining less than 2 months ago and it is appalling that you are treating a dedicated and hardworking professional with bigotry and contempt. 

Don't be ridiculous. "Bigotry?" "Contempt?" - you need to get a grip on yourself, and fast.

Whether you think "the system must have made a mistake" is irrelevant.

It calculated that you are no longer eligible and no amout of wailing on a public forum is going to make any difference to that.

You'll may well get a JSS at the next update anyway.

Mehran V wrote:

I challenge you to show me a guideline or policy established by Upwork that states that "Freelancers MUST receive 5 out of 5 star ratings from absolutely ALL their clients in order to remain in the Rising Talent program!!!".

No, it is not written anywhere, but I have yet to see a single freelancer, ever, keep the badge after a 4.65.

As I have tried to patiently explain to you, the eligibility is automatically calculated and takes into consideration both public and private feedback. 

Ace Contributor
13 of 15

May I ask on what date the next update/cycle begins. Thank you.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
14 of 15

Mehran V wrote:

May I ask on what date the next update/cycle begins. Thank you.

The next JSS update will be on the 3rd of March.

It updates every second Sunday in the afternoon UTC.

Because your jobs have been small, you may need one or two more completed contracts for it to calculate. Most people get it after 4 to 5  completed contracts.

Ace Contributor
15 of 15

Thank you Petra for the support.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS