🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Rising Talent Badge
Page options
Bogdan S Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Valeria K Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594
Feng Y Community Member

Here is my upwork profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0154cf87f293c44fbd

• I have completed 2 jobs and earned $220
  • I have 100% profile completeness
  • I regularly submit proposals in last 3 weeks

But I still don't have a rising talent badge, why?

eac8ce59_0-1664718007464.png

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Feng,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it doesn't look like you're qualified to have the Rising Talent badge at the moment.

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Feng Y Community Member

Thanks for the reply. 

Vinod S Community Member

My profile got job success score of 75% but got no rising talent badge. Why? I thought when I got my rising talent badge it will reduce fees to 10% and now they asking me to work towards top rated bade and what of Rising talent badge. Is this a scam upwork is doing with their freelancers. I need answers.

Tom T Community Member

I think there are more factors to the Rising Talent, than just JSS. Also I believe it's 10% on Featured jobs not all jobs (Rising Talent Level). Stick with it, work hard, find good clients (they exist) and you'll be top-rated in no time!

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

~ Nikola
Apinia R Community Member

I understand better now.

APR*

Satyam S Community Member

Hello Upworkers,

I have followed all the rules and regulations of upwork for getting rising talent and jss badge but still i didn't get that.

I was wondering that i haven't given upwork readiness test that's why i didn't got the badge but on some upwork  post it was said that readiness test has bee removed.

I daily apply to proposals

100% profile completed 

completed 3 jobs succesfully with 5 star ratings

follow all upwork guideliness

but still i didn't  get the badge , you all can check my profile for proof

please give me the badge so that i can get more jobs.

I don't have enough money to buy a computer for my younger brother that's why i was wondering to get more jobs on upwork and earn money to buy and gift him.

Please it's my humble request, give me the badge gentlemen!

Martina P Community Member

So you don't want it from the ladies?

3 jobs is not enough, finish a few more. 

Edit: watchatalking about, you only have two finished jobs, and if you keep them that small, you will need a bunch more, maybe 8 or so.

Finally; don't worry about it. I don't think clients care that much about it. 

Thanks Martina.

It's showing two jobs but today i have completed a hourly job which will get live on my profile when client pays me.

Thanks for your motivation.

Could you please share some tips to get more jobs and best ways to write proposals. 

Will appreciate it.

I have seen a freelancer profile and he has only completed 3 jobs and also his profile is not fully completed but he got a rising talent badge

(If you allow then i can share a screenshot)

I have also completed 3 jobs (1 job is not showing until client pays me for hourly on monday) and have 100% completed profile but i didn't get that , i'm just not trying to compairing myself with others , just trying to know why i didn't get the badge till now

Please help me

Muhammad Asif S Community Member

Hi, I got a rising talent badge and get a JSS badge. But unfortunately, I can't maintain both badges. My question is Can I get these badges back or not? If I can get back what conditions apply for this process?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad Asif,

Your Rising Talent badge may be removed for the following reasons -

• your account is put on hold for violating the Upwork Terms of Service;
  • you earn a Job Success Score on your Upwork profile;
  • you do not continue meeting the Rising Talent requirements listed here.

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned to a freelancer who meets the requirements in the article I shared above. You may also want to check this help article for more details about Upwork's Talent Badges.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Muhammad Asif S Community Member

thanks

Apinia R Community Member

Same here, I did the test then I got a Rising Talent badge. And when I have 5 - 8 clients then I got 100% JSS. Now, my Rising Talent disappeared, and my JSS reduced to 83%. I've been wondering too. But two things I've learnt the Rising Talent doesn't remain when I have JSS. And when JSS doesn't reach 100%, I have less opportunity to join new clients' projects when they require JSS or at least 90%.

APR*

Muhammad Sameed T Community Member

Hi all members
Please suggest to me how can i check my profile mistakes.
Because I have done all verification of my Upwork account and I have followed all terms and conditions. But why I can't get a rising talent badge

Abdessamad B Community Member

same thing here hehe

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Sameed and Abdessamad,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Let us know if need further assistace.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Kelli W Community Member

I used to be part of Rising Talent but somehow I lost it.  I'm working on getting it again hopefully.

Hussein H Community Member

Normal 

Jonatas D Community Member

Hello, I believe you should receive it soon, I've also been waiting for a while, I read that sometimes it takes a while.

Sudam L Community Member

When I can earn the rising talent badge, I started work 03 months ago now I have good reviews and worked hours too.

Please advise.

Dhruv V Community Member

Hello,

Here you can find the requirements to become a "Rising Talent".

Kenedy M Community Member

I have no idea on how to go about it.
I am following to get tips.

Dhruv V Community Member

1. Complete your profile 100%
  2. Keep biding
  3. complete projects with 100% completion rate
  4. either you should be new (30 days) or you have to be active on upwork for 90 days
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members