🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rude Client
Page options
a_liongson
Community Member

Rude Client

Good day.

I felt harrased. I am a freelancer and I have a contract at the moment with a client that I work with for almost a month already. We started very professional and I followed all instructions that was asked and other tasks that he wanted me to do. All of a sudden middle of the shift I had a miss call from him wasn't able to answer right away since I took a quick restroom break and called him back immediately. When he answered and we spoke at first work related stuff after that he threatened me accusations I was shocked with him telling and wanted me to moan on the call with him. He asked me at the current call if I love my job and he told me that he's alone and i'm alone. I got really scared and hung up and he kept on calling several times. I told him that he is my client and we are both professionals from the very beginning and not to do things that are not work related he threatened me that I will be loosing my job if I will not be doing it. I kept on asking via chat what would he wants me to do. He keeps on calling and played safe that it has to be call not via chat. I tried answering for me to record that call keeps on dropping. Please help and what needs to be done.

**Edited for community guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
tlbp
Community Member

I would close the contract and report the client to Upwork for harassment. He needs to be prohibited from hiring here. You may want to wait to hear from official Upwork before you close the contract to ensure that you are adequately protected. 

I'm sorry you had to experience this. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Alyssa.

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report? I’ll be sure to escalate it to the correct team for their review. 

When you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

It was International Women's Day just the other day, and Upwork was sure as heck going to have a verbose post about women's rights and all that wishy-washy stuff.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am of the belief that freelancers who suffer this kind of harassment should be protected from receiving bad feedback, but experiences show this is not always the case on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members