🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SUGGESTION TO ENHANCE UPWORK'S MESSAGING PLAT...
Page options
ed499e03
Community Member

SUGGESTION TO ENHANCE UPWORK'S MESSAGING PLATFORM

Dear Upwork Team,

I hope this message finds you well. As an avid user and dedicated video editor on the Upwork platform, I would like to express my gratitude for the excellent messaging chat platform that you have created. The ability for clients and freelancers to communicate seamlessly has played a significant role in fostering successful collaborations.

I am writing to propose an enhancement to the messaging feature. While the current functionality allows for efficient communication, I believe it could be further improved by incorporating the option to react to messages. These reactions could serve as a simple yet effective way for clients and freelancers to acknowledge and respond to messages without necessarily typing a detailed reply.

For instance, if a client or freelancer expresses gratitude by saying "thank you," it would be convenient if we could simply react with a thumbs up or a similar positive symbol, instead of having to type a reply such as "you're welcome" or "no problem." Similarly, if a decision or agreement is reached, being able to silently denote understanding or acceptance with a reaction would save time and streamline the conversation.

Including reaction features in the messaging platform would not only enhance user experience but also increase the overall efficiency of communication on Upwork. It can mitigate the need for unnecessary responses, eliminate the chance of misinterpretation due to brevity, and expedite interactions between clients and freelancers.

I believe that by incorporating these additions, Upwork can further solidify its position as a leading freelancing platform that not only focuses on functionality but also incorporates innovative features that cater to user preferences and needs.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. I truly appreciate the effort you put into continually improving Upwork's user experience.

Yours sincerely,

Emmanuel Edet

Video Editor

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll be happy to share it with the team for consideration. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll be happy to share it with the team for consideration. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ed499e03
Community Member

Thank you, Luiggi

nycjoseph
Community Member

I agree. Though we do have emojis, they create visual noise by taking an entire, fully labelled line. Of course, a "reaction" would also have to have a way to indicate its source, since chats can be like a party line. Surely Upwork can affort to do this with its increased 10% fee.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members