🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam
Page options
93c5bf12
Community Member

Scam

I was victim of a scam of someone that communicates in name of Upwork. Is there a way to report this? I don't see options in the platform, please if someone knows how can I report this let me know 

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi Daniela,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please share more details about how you were scammed?

~ AJ
Upwork
the-right-writer
Community Member

You are at high risk of being scammed because you haven't read or aren't following the Upwork resources. Please read this post and pay special attention to the Terms of Service and the Red Flags on Scams from Wes.

Scammers can tell, from your lack of a profile, that you are new and inexperienced. The better your profile, the more clients you will attract and fewer scammers. Never have anything to do with someone outside of Upwork, f you are using Upwork, before an Upwork contract is in place. You can click on the moderator and send a private message or explain here.

You have to protect yourself, because no one, including Upwork, will do it for you. Be safe.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Daniela,

Please click the Academy link for how to best use the site. Click Support if there is something that needs to be reported.

276ca400
Community Member

Hi Daniela,

Scammers these days are using new techniques to scam freelancers. To avoid the scam's, you need to follow the Terms of Services on UpWork and also you can Red flag the clients ask you to work outside UpWork or ask you to share your email address.

Regards
Sapna

01cfe40b
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear about the scam. To report it on Upwork, log in, visit Help & Support, select "Report a Safety or Policy Violation," and provide details for their review. On one of my road trips, I stopped in Tulsa, and I fell in love with the setting of “The Outsiders.” The essay on https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/the-outsiders/ brought the novel to life for me, and I found myself thinking about Ponyboy and his band as I walked around the city. If you’re a fan of ‘The Outsiders’ or you’re curious about the book, I highly recommend this essay. It’ll help you rediscover your love of the book and the themes behind it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members