🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammed and Now my account is suspended.
Page options
b3b208e6
Community Member

Scammed and Now my account is suspended.

I followed a link to telegram (stupid) to talk with the job poster's "superior" about a job writing travel guides. I caught them in a scam trying to solicit money from me. They threatened to kill me and now MY upworks account is supsended. What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

You have accepted ToS then broke it with Telegram communication. What solution you want, way to avoid rules again?

the-right-writer
Community Member

I realize you are upset, and want your account back. Honestly, I'm hoping Upwork starts following their own rules and not allowing people to break the Terms of Service. There are Upwork posts all over saying if you violate the rules you will lose your account, but it very, very, rarely happens. Then freelancers do it repeatedly. The only way to get rid of the scammers is to starve them out, by not engaging and giving them money.

Stop communicating with the scammers. Only Upwork can tell you if there is a way to get your account back, but the Terms say you can be out permanently. Whatever happens, you are not ready to freelance. No matter where you go, there will be scammers. Take this as a lesson learned to always follow the rules. No one, no business, will protect you. That's your job.

NikolaS

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not find the client and conversation you are referring to. Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting hereFeel free to also check this page to help you stay safe on Upwork.

Additionally, one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further with your account status. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b3b208e6
Community Member

I didn't know this was against the rules. Thank you.

bobafett999
Community Member

.....bbnn

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members