🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Screenshots doesn't work with InDesign, Illus...
Page options
abhisar-laza
Community Member

Screenshots doesn't work with InDesign, Illustrator

Hi,

I have a new Macbook Pro with macOS Ventura. The time tracker doesn't take proper screenshots whern working in InDesign 2023 and Illustrator 2023. As shown in the attachment, the screenshot shows the InDesign/Illustrator's working space but NOT the opened file inside I am working on. 

The Upwork technical wasn't helpful to solve the problem, so I am asking the community for tips how fix this issue. I can't use Upwork if the time tracker is not able the take proper screenshots of my work.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Abhisar

10 REPLIES 10
lineprintt
Community Member

Hello Abhisar! 

It happens to me too! Also with Adobe AfterEffects, I tried to solve it for long time but it still doesn't work.

Are you already fix it? Let me know if you can.

Thank you so much

jmargarian
Community Member

i have the same issue.

Hi Johannes,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I discovered that the problem is associated with having a new MacBook Pro equipped with an Apple M2 chip. It can be "resolved" by going to any Adobe app's Preferences and disabling the GPU Performance. After doing so, the Upwork Timer's screenshots function correctly. However, this is far from an ideal solution, as disabling the GPU Performance affects the app's performance. Nonetheless, it works for the time being.

It would be great if Upwork could urge the team at Adobe to resolve this issue promptly.

Thank you very much!

abhisar-laza
Community Member

Hi, I apologize for the late reply. After many attempts, I discovered that the problem is associated with having a new MacBook Pro equipped with an Apple M2 chip. It can be "resolved" by going to any Adobe app's Preferences and disabling the GPU Performance. After doing so, the Upwork Timer's screenshots function correctly. However, this is far from an ideal solution, as disabling the GPU Performance affects the app's performance. Nonetheless, it works for the time being. I hope the team at Adobe will fix this issue soon.

Thank you so much for this info. I've been encountering this problem right now. will try this out!

karlkalabaaaw
Community Member

I have the same problem with Adobe Premiere Pro on my Mac mini M2. ☹️

Hi Karl,

Thank you for reaching out. According to your OS (or the application), this is a “protected” video stream, so it’s not rendered in the Time Tracker. Unfortunately, we can't avoid the said behavior from our end. We sincerely apologize for this. Most of our users informed us though that it works normally using Windows. It is best to let the client know about it or you may also consider working through Windows.

We apologize for the limitation and thank you for understanding.

~ AJ
Upwork

Weird, because it works just fine on my old Intel MacBook Pro which has the same OS (macOS Ventura 13.4) with the same exact version of Adobe Premiere Pro, so I'm pretty sure neither the OS or Adobe Premiere Pro has anything to do with it, rather I think it's the Upwork Timetracker's compatibility with Apple Silicon chips.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members