🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Screwed for payment by 3 clients in two weeks
Page options
drasmussen0729
Community Member

Screwed for payment by 3 clients in two weeks

I have now been screwed out of payment by three clients who refuse to close the completed contract. I am so livid over this! For two of them I dropped what I was doing to get their work completed, and then they just up and ghost me?

4 REPLIES 4
sofia2008
Community Member

You can get payment without having the contract ended. Did you have a fixed price contract or hourly?

48f850a0
Community Member

Not very sure if you are referring to clients not releasing the funds after you sent it to them.

But this is something that makes me want to stay away from fixed price contracts as much as possible, a client will request you deliver to them within 24 hours, you send it over and there's no corrections, you submit work, they won't approve,, you have to wait 14 days for a job you finished in one day???

The 14 day wait time for fixed price contracts puts the freelancer in a very bad position, and makes doing fixed price projects very risky,,,,, a one day job with no issues can keep you waiting for 14 good days. It's insane tho

atlinguist
Community Member

You don't have to close a contract to get paid. The funds in escrow for the milestone you completed will be released to you automatically. Which is much nicer than having to go chasing your money by sending out reminders, believe me.

penngrp
Community Member

Personally, I always ask for a deposit.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members