🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Seeking Advice on Reactivating Upwork Account...
Page options
e4ab7bc5
Community Member

Seeking Advice on Reactivating Upwork Account After a Hiatus

Hello Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I encountered a challenge with my Upwork account, and I'm seeking some guidance from the experienced members of this community.

A little over a year ago, I had a top-rated Upwork account with a successful track record, having earned over $9k with 400+ working hours. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to take a break from freelancing on Upwork. Now, as I'm eager to rejoin the platform, I've encountered difficulties in securing new opportunities.

Despite submitting numerous proposals, I haven't received any interview requests. I'm wondering if there are specific reasons for this and how I can improve my chances of landing a job. I'm open to any advice or tips from those who have faced a similar situation.

Additionally, I'm considering whether it would be beneficial to remove my current account and create a new one. I'm uncertain about the impact this might have and would appreciate insights from anyone who has navigated such a decision.

Thank you in advance for your time and valuable input. I look forward to hearing from the Upwork community and appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,

Yohan Alahakoon

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Receiving interviews can be a challenge these days. Even though you've just returned to Upwork, your experience is identical to many thousands of freelancers here.

I've mentioned this in other threads, but it's worth repeating. Over the past year, a few things have occurred:

• Competition has increased and remains high in many niches or skill areas
  • More freelancers are boosting their profiles; those who are not boosting might not be seen as much
  • Profiles are not stationary in search results; rotating search results might lead to fewer views and/or invites
  • Job quality fluctuates, but has declined significantly over the last year
  • Market variations in your niche could affect the number of clients seeking paid help in that niche
  • (... probably 5 or 6 other factors beyond our control)

I'm not sure which skill area or niche you're in--your profile is not public. But the condition or appearance of your profile, and the quality of your proposals/cover letters will improve your chances of landing a job. I mention proposals/cover letters because you will likely have to send proposals to attract clients since invitations are on the decline.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members