🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Seems like the client is avoiding to pay me
Page options
59c20389
Community Member

Seems like the client is avoiding to pay me

Hi!

I am new here on Upwork and got paid for my first job. I received two job offers and accepted both. 
Like I said one client did pay me, however the other one doesn't. And it looks like she is trying not to pay me. It was to record sentences and I needed to wait for inspection if they were good enough and got a message that I had to redo 4 sentences. So I did. There was no due date for the redo inspection. But we agreed a date.

I have done my job on due date and it is a fixed price. She put $5 dollars in escrow and the other $9 I will get when all the sentences are correct.

all was apparently good even after the inspection. I ecen sent here screenshot that it's done. Now I am asking her to finish the payment and I still got nothing.

Is there something I am missing? Anything I can do? It seems like she a bit ignoring when I ask her to oag me. She just respons cold with 'ok' and then she ghosts me.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rule #1: only work when the milestone is funded. 

Rule #2: don't agree to split into these silly small amounts. 

pudingstudio
Community Member

Shira E wrote:

Hi!

I am new here on Upwork and got paid for my first job. I received two job offers and accepted both. 
Like I said one client did pay me, however the other one doesn't. And it looks like she is trying not to pay me. It was to record sentences and I needed to wait for inspection if they were good enough and got a message that I had to redo 4 sentences. So I did. There was no due date for the redo inspection. But we agreed a date.

I have done my job on due date and it is a fixed price. She put $5 dollars in escrow and the other $9 I will get when all the sentences are correct.

all was apparently good even after the inspection. I ecen sent here screenshot that it's done. Now I am asking her to finish the payment and I still got nothing.

Is there something I am missing? Anything I can do? It seems like she a bit ignoring when I ask her to oag me. She just respons cold with 'ok' and then she ghosts me.

Sounds like you've done it a tinny bit incorrectly.

First milestone: $5, milestone funded and active.
You've delivered.

Second milestone: $9, milestone is not funded.
You've done your work regardless and delivered.

It's possible that your client is just too busy, they'll get on the funding and sending you money soon.

Either way, we (freelancers) don't work unless milestone is funded and active. No work at all! We politely convey that sentiment to our client and wait for them to do what they are supposed to.

59c20389
Community Member

Ah! Well lesson learned... I am happy that it wasn't a big amount... now I know...

thank you both so much for your answers. I really appreciate you took the time. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members