🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Share Email To attempt hackerrank coding chal...
Page options
b4bdeca2
Community Member

Share Email To attempt hackerrank coding challenge

Hi,

Client is asking to share my email to get invitation for to perforam a coding challange for skill assement (hacker rank) before hiring/contract start. Am i allowed to share my email for this purpose?

I know TOS only in case of system access. what about freelancer coding evaluation email sharing for invitation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Shahzad,

It's great to hear that you're well aware of Upwork's TOS and we truly appreciate you reporting this. Yes, sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I've checked the job and escalated it to our Trust & Safety team for further review. They will surely look closer into your report and take action accordingly.

We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

The client could easily setup a fixed-price contract and make the first milestone $20 (or another amount) to compensate you for the coding/hacking challenge or skill assessment. It's not worth risking an Upwork TOS violation.

Besides, you are spending your time and performing "mental gymnastics" for a coding challenge, and the client should be willing to pay for that time (and brain activity).

ArjayM

Hi Shahzad,

It's great to hear that you're well aware of Upwork's TOS and we truly appreciate you reporting this. Yes, sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I've checked the job and escalated it to our Trust & Safety team for further review. They will surely look closer into your report and take action accordingly.

We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members