🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » tokens
Page options
ac0a86c2
Community Member

tokens

I sent in a proposal for a job and listed more tokens than the top person on the list.  Upworks then notified me that I could not do this and returned my tokens over what the #1 person had.  I thought that offering more tokens would put me on the top of the list.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ac0a86c2
Community Member

So why did it not let me bid one less Connect than the only other person interest in another job.  I was under the impression Connects offered were up to me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Helen,

I believe you're referring to the Connects that freelancers/agencies used in submitting proposals to potential clients. If you're referring to boosted proposals, you can bid additional Connects on your proposal, entering it into an auction for a boosted slot at the top of the client’s list. Please see this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac0a86c2
Community Member

So why did it not let me bid one less Connect than the only other person interest in another job.  I was under the impression Connects offered were up to me.

tlsanders
Community Member

I think you are misunderstanding what happened. When bidding for the job is over, you get excess connects back that were not necessary to put you in the top spot. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members