🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Share aadhar card to client
Page options
dharap404
Community Member

Share aadhar card to client

Hey, 
My client is asking me to share my adhar card for creating Job Is it safe to share my adhar card on upwork messenger?

Thank you !!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Dhara,

Other users do not need access to your personal information, payment account information, driver's license, passport, social security number or other tax ID, tax forms, etc. We strongly advise against sharing this information.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Dhara,

Other users do not need access to your personal information, payment account information, driver's license, passport, social security number or other tax ID, tax forms, etc. We strongly advise against sharing this information.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

No, you should not share any I.D. because many scammers will use it for identity theft or to scam others. You can tell the client that Upwork has already verified your identity; that's why you have a blue checkmark next to your name. If he's not satisfied with that, then report him.

roberty1y
Community Member

I wouldn't think it's safe, because there's no legitimate reason to see it. You can explain that you have already verified your identity with Upwork.

bobafett999
Community Member

NO, NO and NEVER EVER

This also is true for your PAN Card, address, phone number, bank info.

Any buyer who is nosy is also a scammer!

where is gujarat technical university?  During cretaceous period I went to LD College of Engineering.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

No, it is a scam.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members