🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Share profile on personal website
Page options
itamarkatz
Community Member

Share profile on personal website

Hi everyone.

Long time Upwork freelancer but first time poster in the community!

I'm currently building a new personal website. Now, I know how I can send my Upwork profile link to a potential client. But am I allowed to put a direct link to my Upwork profile on my personal website? That way, if a client finds my website on Google, they can have the option of hiring me through Upwork - and maybe join Upwork in the process, if they aren't members already...

If that's allowed, is there a legitimate way to get an Upwork icon to use - as one would normally use a LinkedIn or Instagram icon, for example?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Itamar,

Preston is right. You can add a link on your website that will direct users to your Upwork profile. However, you cannot use the Upwork logo. The logo is the intellectual property of Upwork. You must never use any Upwork logos or trademarks on any letterhead, business card or signature block. You also may not use it as part of your business name, domain name, user ID, or in association with any third-party trademark in a manner that might create potential confusion as to the ownership of the Upwork trademark. If you want to learn more about the correct way to refer publicly to Upwork, you can read this article. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Of course you can put direct links on your personal website... links that take people to your Upwork profile page.

Can you use an Upwork icon or logo?
Officially? No.

Unofficially? Yes.

Upwork employees will not give you permission to do that, but if you do so, then nothing will ever be done about it and nobody will actually care.

JoanneP

Hi Itamar,

Preston is right. You can add a link on your website that will direct users to your Upwork profile. However, you cannot use the Upwork logo. The logo is the intellectual property of Upwork. You must never use any Upwork logos or trademarks on any letterhead, business card or signature block. You also may not use it as part of your business name, domain name, user ID, or in association with any third-party trademark in a manner that might create potential confusion as to the ownership of the Upwork trademark. If you want to learn more about the correct way to refer publicly to Upwork, you can read this article. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members