🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing Behance Portfolio link
Page options
sm-parvez
Community Member

Sharing Behance Portfolio link

Hello,

Are we allowed to share our Behance portfolio link in our proposal when applying for a job?

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hi Sm,

You can definitely share it as part of your proposal. Just note that if the link contains contact information, make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Luiggi R wrote:

Hi Sm,

You can definitely share it as part of your proposal. Just note that if the link contains contact information, make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork.

Thank you.

Hi Luiggi,

A doubt.
When we share our portfolio, there is usually a contact option. We have nothing more to say to the customer not to use that option and to keep communicating on Upwork.
It's okay.
So why is there so much fuss and difficulty using Calendly?
As I understand it, the problem is that you have to share an email address. It is the same as with portfolios. You just have to warn the client and everything is solved, right?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

As shared in #9 of the FAQs here, the team understands that many users need a way to schedule meetings and interviews. Currently, we encourage users to use Upwork Messages to discuss and schedule an interview quickly.

We are looking at adding new features to Upwork Messages, including a calendar option for scheduling. If we have an update regarding this matter, we'll update the Community with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery O wrote:

Hi Maria, 

As shared in #9 of the FAQs here, the team understands that many users need a way to schedule meetings and interviews. Currently, we encourage users to use Upwork Messages to discuss and schedule an interview quickly.

We are looking at adding new features to Upwork Messages, including a calendar option for scheduling. If we have an update regarding this matter, we'll update the Community with more information. 

Hi Avery,
I asked because I see a lot of discussion on the subject and it seems to me that there is not so much problem.
First, Lena's announcement is from May 28, 2020, almost a year ago, and the problem is still there.

On the other hand, as you say, "we encourage users to use Upwork Messages to discuss and schedule an interview quickly".
You encourage the use of Upwork messages, that is, it is not forbidden to use Calendly or another scheduling software (as long as the client is warned that our mail will only be used for that before having an active contract). It is right?

I think the real question is why is it ok to share a link to a Behannce profile which makes it possible to communicate outside Upwork before a contact is in place, while sharing a Calendly link is a ToS violation.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members