🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing Email
Page options
redk121
Community Member

Sharing Email

Hello,

I want to ask a question just to be sure. I have a client who asked for my email for the purpose of a meeting and I gave it to them to them replying like this (especially since they have hired through Upwork before and don't seem like scammers):

"Hello, when are you available, I can send you a zoom invite when we agree on a time. Here is my email: (I put my email here) if you need to send me more information but to comply with Upwork's ToS, I would like the offer and its terms to be here please if we end up working together."

I want to know if I can get banned or something for sharing my email. I have shared my email prior to working with clients on Upwork (with contract's on Upwork) several times but with the pop-up messages I get now about it against ToS, I get anxious everytime that maybe this can get me banned or something.

Thank you for anyone who reads and to those who take the time to answer.

Have a nice day/evening!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spectralua
Community Member

Yes, it is violation. You may be banned.

In many cases, especialy if contract started via Upwork, this will be ignored.

Follow rules to be safe: you can share anything after contract started but not before.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

Yes, it is violation. You may be banned.

In many cases, especialy if contract started via Upwork, this will be ignored.

Follow rules to be safe: you can share anything after contract started but not before.

Hello, 

Thank you for taking the time to the reply. I will remove my message and send another one where I ask to meet via Upwork's Zoom.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members