🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Francois,

At this time, this feature is only available for users who have a LinkedIn account.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes there is! You just take the testimonial and use it as a quote in your general profile description.

Hi Everyone,

I'm having problem with the form not accpting "Client's LinkedIn Profile" field for a testimonial request.
It keeps showing error: Invailed Linkedin Profile.
I pasted the link with https, without, and all the common combinations.

Any Idea why this does not work?

Hi Milos,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your testimonials. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sashakojo
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I submitted a request for a testimonial and they have yet to receive it on their end. We tried going through spam folders, checking up on their LinkedIN and still nothing. I attempted to resend them the request but now I am being told their LinkedIN url is invalid despite it being their actual LinkedIN page and having previously worked. We even tried changing their LinkedIN url, unfortunately still no success. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sasha,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you sent this request at. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ileniapiazza
Community Member

Hi

I just received an email from upwork about a non upwork testimonial, saying that "  we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid."

I'd like to know what parameters upwork uses to verify this validity. With this contact I made two link building campaigns so where is the problem? Upwork should be a useful and efficient work tool for growing freelancers like me. Instead, the platform is often tedious and difficult to use.

Thank you

Ilenia

Thanks for your question, Ilenia. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork

I asked this same question and they replied that they are not at liberty to reveal their vetting criteria. It seems they are purposely making it difficult to include off Upwork testimonials.
eckelch
Community Member

Where can I initiate a request for testamonials from non-upwork clients?

I have worked with a client refered to me outside upwork.

What is the procedure for asking clients for a testamonial and getting that added to my profile?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Elizabeth,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section.

~ Goran
Upwork
erica_tramuta-dr
Community Member

I am still improving my profile. I am trying to increased views and strengthen it daily. I am adding testimonials from outside work to my portfolio. However, is there a way to do so without the person having a Linkedin account. That is frustrating. We cannot link our own Linkedin accounts to our profiles yet that is the way you use to verify a person's identity and the only way we can request a testimonial? 

Hi Erica,

Currently, this feature is only available for users who have a LinkedIn account.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Will that be changing in the future?
8ba781bb
Community Member

Hello!

I am new at upwork and I am struggling on how to resend a testimonial request for a non-upwork client. Can somebody please help me or instruct me with that? Thank you very much!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tamiris,

Could you please clarify your request so that we can address it accordingly? Have you already sent the testimonial request for that same client? 

~ Bojan
Upwork
640306e3
Community Member

Hi all,

I am having an issue with a testimonial, i have requested testimonials from clients outside of upwork but i have just had an email saying it was not approved.

The reason given in the email is "we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid".

If i'm going to build any kind of client trust then i need to get testimonials on my profile, is there anyway i can dispute this?

Thanks,

Dani

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dani,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My suggestion is to copy and paste the testimonial with only first name of client into your profile description. Upwork is making it mostly a waste of time to try and add off Upwork testimonials it seems.

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding this new feature. I have a client that doesn't have a business email as she has an one-person company. Is this valid to get approved?

Thanks

Hi Eleni,

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to request a testimonial and let us know if you have further questions.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
sashakojo
Community Member

Being new to Upwork I was very excited to reach out to a former client to request a testimonial. Unfortunately it was never recieved on their end and had no luck finding it in their spam box. I attempted to resend the request for the testimonial, but this time I ran into an error of it not accepting their LinkedIN profile and I was unable to ever submit the request because of this. Would love assistance and to know if anyone has run into this.

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sasha,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you've sent that testimonial request at. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a1714b97
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to upwork and my profile is limited as I've only just started my first project on the network.  I did a very significant project prior to joining Upwork and requested a testimonial from my client.  The testimonial was not approved.  It's unclear as to why but I guess whoever approves maybe didn't believe it was legitimate.  This is frustrating as it was a great project with a happy client.  I'm not sure why Upwork doesn't send an email to the person doing the testimonial to verify it.  I'm sure my client would gladly reply and answer any questions.  It's tough to break through on freelancer sites and this testimonial is very important to me. Not sure if this can be reviewed but I would appreciate it.

Hi Darren,

I'm sorry to hear about this. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar,

Thanks for the quick reply on this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uzam,

If testimonial needs to be edited our team should be able to assist with edits. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
33d5990f
Community Member

How do I re-send a testimonial request form? One of my clients didn't specifiy the job I did and I need her to specify I was the book editor for her book. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sydney,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mildsol
Community Member

Hi All,
I requested my client outside Upwork to give a testimonial regarding me but the issue is that he told me that I didn't receive any email or anything from the Upwork.

Hi Azaz,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I followed up with my team and the email was resent. Could you please check with your client and let me know if the email arrived this time?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I am very thankful to you. My client confirmed to me that he received that email now.

Thank you,

- Azaz ul Haq

advertise_24
Community Member

I have problem, system second time declined my 'outside' client's testominal.' I recieved email-

Hi Szymon,We are writing to inform you that Kris’s testimonial was not approved.To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. Thank you for your understanding. You can try requesting another testimonial from a different client. 'can someone help me?

What's going wrong? All data are filled well i can give his number for upwork for aproovement

Hi Szymon,

We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials before it's accepted or rejected. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. I'll ask the team to reach out to you and take another look at the request.

~Andrea
Upwork
naiemlx
Community Member

I'm talking about UpWork profile Testimonials option. UpWork said to add LinkedIn profile link there. If my client isn't from linked in or is my client from another marketplace. Can I add testimonials of them?

Hi Al,

Currently, this feature is only available for users who have a LinkedIn account. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
arif_mahabub
Community Member

Hey, Is there any way to get the Testimonial from non-Upwork clients without the  LinkedIn account link? 

Hi Arif,

At this time, this feature is only available for users who have a LinkedIn account.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Big NO. Paste the quote into your profile description.

Please ppl read past forum questions and answers — this question has been asked and answered dozens of times— save our time and yours!
72cbf336
Community Member

Will you consider removing the need for my client to have a LinkedIn profile in order to leave a testimonial? I have a client who would be more than happy to leave a testimonial but can't because they don't have a linkedIn account and it wouldn't be approiate for me to ask them to set up an account just so they can leave me a testimonial. Couldn't be an option for showing unverified testimonials, or verifying based on including the clients website or facebook page something? My client has both those things set up for her business, she just doesn't use LinkedIn.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members