🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355

Hey Andre, 

What's the ETA on testimonial section? When will it be up and running?

88e0cda1
Community Member

How can I request Testimonial from the previous clients?

e3d6eabd
Community Member

Hi,

so I requsted a testimonial form an external client before, and it worked fine.

But how can I request a testimonial from another external client (not the same client, but a different client)?

I requested a testimonial from an external client before using the "Request Testimonial" button in the testimonial section on my profile page, and everything worked fine.

But now the "Request Testimonial" button is not showing anymore.

Where can I find it?

Hello Sascha H,

I contact Upwork support and they inform me that the Viral Testimonial option is currently unavailable. Their engineers are working on bringing it back.

Thanks for the info, Ranojit!

Good News! The Viral Testimonial option has been available.

but still it is not approving. I donot understand why it is not approving.
I provide all information of my client. his business email, linkedin profile.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Imran, 

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this further. Please know that the team will still review the testimonial request you have submitted. 

Hopefully, you'll receive a positive response to your request. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ankursunsharma
Community Member

Hi,

I wish to state that I recently asked an ex-client (**Edited for Community Guidelines** 
) to leave me a testimonial using Upwork's 'Request a Testimonial' section on the profile. I had worked for her and made many designs earlier last few years. She said that she had left a testimonial for me, after receiving the link in her email. And, I could see that the 'Testimonial request' was pending, awaiting approval from Upwork's moderators.

But, I got an email today stating that the Testimonial Request was not approved, without a valid reason. May I know why it wasn't approved? Did she write something wrong?

I would also like to know if I can send her another Testimonial request.

Many thanks!

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your question. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Goran
Upwork
moshood_sadiq
Community Member

Hello,

I did request a testimonial from a past client. Initially, the request showed pending on my profile but around 5 days later, it disappeared. Nothing was showing. I wasn't notified about the status of the testimonial request. Please, what could be the reason for this?

Please, kindly help me.

Hi Moshood,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. It seems that one of our agents already followed up with you to assist you further. 

Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
01fd281d
Community Member

Testimonials from customers do not appear on the page 😞

Hello! I don't understand what the problem is. For the second time in a row, feedback from customers outside of UpWork disappears from the page during the moderation process. What's wrong? Customers write in their own words.  Does it ever happen that reviews don't pass moderation? I'm fighting for every review, and here is such a failure

Hi Inna,

Just to confirm, did you mean that the testimonial section is not showing on your end or your testimonial was not approved? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
10389f53
Community Member

Hi there! I submitted a testimonial request to my client yesterday, but today he told me he couldn’t find any email from Upwork.

I’d love to have his testimonial, he was one of the best clients I’ve have.

Please help me !

Alex G

Hi Alexandre,

Just to confirm did your client check their spam and junk folders? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

To Be honest, I have no idea...I told him to check the spam box, but he didn’t confirm anything.

thanks! 

Is there any possibility to resend the email to the client? 

Thank you,

Alex 

Hi Alex,

Our team member has already reached out to you with a request for more information. They'll assist you directly with resending the testimonial request.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you!

oussamayachi
Community Member

Hello, amazing person reading this.

Mind the angry title. You'll understand my frustration in a second. 

I've recently taken the time to properly and thoroughly set up my UpWork account, and part of the process was requesting some testimonials which I managed to do successfully with accurate LinkedIn accounts of clients I'm connected with, work emails. Just for that to be rejected!

The highlight is, UpWork just rejected a testimonial I received from a Human Resources Manager at

**Edited for Community Guidelines**, an international organization I'm proud of managing to work with. I submitted the Manager's exact**Edited for Community Guidelines**their Linkedin Account through which they've already submitted a testimonial on my Linkedin profile as additional proof. 

Receiving the rejection email was shocking as we worked together thoroughly for me to get the testimonial he thinks I deserve given the horror stories I read here about getting a testimonial approved.  Working with the likes of ICRC comes in rarely. 

Any Upwork Experts/STAFF that can help?

Thank you.

Hi Yashee,

I understand your frustration with this. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So, essentially. There is 0 way to address the issue when the system fails. Even for genuine submissions that can provide further proof?

3a31d8b9
Community Member

Hi,  I submitted a testimonial request from a client for last week, but he has not yet received an email from Upwork. He say he checked everywhere in email (Inbox, Spam, Junk) But no email from upwork side.  How long does it take for Upwork to process the request?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ansar,

Could you please send me a PM with the email address you sent this testimonial request at? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aee8facb
Community Member

Hi all together!) I have to re-send the request for the testimonial, but I can`t do it for the customer, whom I have sent it already. Is it possible to re-send the request. Thank you in advance!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Viktor,

The team has resent your pending testimonial request. Please have your client check their inbox in the next 24 hours.

~Andrea
Upwork
rajusingh30
Community Member

Hi Bojan
I've completed The Fundamental of Digital Marketing course from google and I've also added it on Upwork. But there is an issue my certificate image is not showing. Can you please suggest how the certificate will be shown on Upwork?
Thank you!
Rajusingh Chawle

def44a9c
Community Member

Hi, Hope you are fine. How to remove the requested testimonial from the profile? Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Mahad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e773f2fd
Community Member

Hello UpWork community!

My name is Valeri, and I am bulding my profile. Looking forward into freelancing, since we are in harder times at the moment.

I've send a testimonial to one of my coworkers, but It says it is pending. If he has replied, I am not sure has he yet, but how long would I have to wait before I see his feedback (possitive I hope).

Only

Valeri Tz.

Hi Valeri,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, thank you. Appreciate your work!

eleanorfiona
Community Member

Hi everyone. I was kindly asking for your help. When I try to send a testimonial request from my former colleagues and clients on LinkedIn, it gives the error message "Failed to send Testimonial Request". How do I go about resolving this? I have never sent a testimonial request before.

Hi Eleanor,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
eleanorfiona
Community Member

Thank you. I have tried that and it is working. Thank you again.

db58049a
Community Member

Hi, 

I have been having trouble requesting testimonials from outside clients because every time I try to put the LinkedIn profile URL, the same error appears "invalid LinkedIn profile" and I have to link their personal LinkedIn 

account, which apparently is not enough proof that the client is real. 

Can someone explain if I'm doing something wrong? 

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.21.25.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana Marcela,

Could you please confirm if the link you're trying to enter suits one of these formats:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME

Please reach back to us with more information and we'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
db58049a
Community Member

Hi,

https://www.linkedin.com/company/CLIENTNAME/ is the format of the client's
page
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana Marcela,

Could you please try to use the client's personal LinkedIn link and not the company LinkedIn? 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members