🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Signing up with legal name (I'm transgender)
Page options
6fe8bdda
Community Member

Signing up with legal name (I'm transgender)

Greetings. Hope you can help me.

I'm in the middle of the process of completing my profile. While doing that I found there is a verification id process that I have to do later.  Please note I'm a transgender woman.

I registered using my preferred names. My question is: should I keep going like this and follow the verification process with my legal documentation (even if it differs with my preferred name) and -expect it to be verified somehow- or, am I doing things wrong and should I create the account using my legal info (and expect to have the preferred name added later..)

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Carolina,

Welcome to Upwork! You can go ahead and finish setting up your account. We’ll let you know when it’s time for you to earn the "Identity Verified" badge by sending you an email and showing you a pop-up when you log into your Upwork account. We may ask you to upload a government-issued ID to confirm your identity on Upwork. There are possible exceptions that can be reviewed and considered by the team, one of those is being a Transgender user. Feel free to communicate with the team once you received the email to verify and you will surely be assisted accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Carolina,

Welcome to Upwork! You can go ahead and finish setting up your account. We’ll let you know when it’s time for you to earn the "Identity Verified" badge by sending you an email and showing you a pop-up when you log into your Upwork account. We may ask you to upload a government-issued ID to confirm your identity on Upwork. There are possible exceptions that can be reviewed and considered by the team, one of those is being a Transgender user. Feel free to communicate with the team once you received the email to verify and you will surely be assisted accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members