Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software review

Highlighted
Konul M Member Since: Mar 15, 2016
1 of 8

Hi all,

I got job offer to write software review. Payment method is fixed. I do have article writing experience, but not review writing. So I would ask from professionals how much does it cost per review (3-4 sentences) ?

Thanks,

Konul

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

You're getting a copy of the software, right? How are you going to write a review without actually using the software?

The last person who asked me to review software bailed when I told him it would cost $450 because he wanted me to benchmark antivirus software in a VM and download malware. 

You should do the same. Installing rogue software from the Internet is a really bad idea unless it's in a VM.

Highlighted
3 of 8

Client wants from me approximate price. Mainly it will be web applications, So I suppose he wants lower bid for it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 8

I sure hope that you are going to actually USE that software and write an HONEST review. To do anything else would constitute fraud and deception. I know this isn't Amazon, but they are cracking down on situtations where 5 star reviews and feedback are given for payment and the item was not ever used by the reviewer. Both the person who wrote that false review and the person who paid for it are being investaged.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
5 of 8

Subbing out of curiosity.

Highlighted
6 of 8

Hi Kathy,

Of course I am going to test them . But the awkward moment is that I supposed that client understand that I am not going to write fake reviews. Thank you for notice. İ should directly inform my client about it.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
7 of 8
This widget could not be displayed.

@Konul M wrote:

Hi Kathy,

Of course I am going to test them . But the awkward moment is that I supposed that client understand that I am not going to write fake reviews. Thank you for notice. İ should directly inform my client about it.

Also job offers for fake product reviews on Amazon appear. Today I have flagged one. Some freelancers may not know that Amazon already have taken actions against fake reviewers.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 8

I wonder how much malware it will take before her machine crashes.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS