🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Something is wrong with my account...what has...
Page options
rafaelbastos
Community Member

Something is wrong with my account...what has changed in UpWork since 2020?

I've been away from UpWork since 2020 because of a large AI project I accepted to work in. Now I'm back and looking for a new project. I've been bidding 5 to 10 projects a day with customized cover letters after analysing each job post and I don't have any kind of response from clients. I've updated my profile with new catalog itemas and also added a lot of new stuff I've been working on in the portfolio section. I've been using the bidding system to boost my proposals and also using the profile boosting system to see if I get more views and clients get more interested. I used to be a top rated talent before I accepted the large project back in 2020, with 5 star rating and more than 90k earned. It looks like the platform is more worried about "connects" money from freelancers than actually providing jobs to freelancers, even if they have a proven track record. Does anyone have an idea of what is going on? Should I be looking into a different platform because this one is saturated? How can a freelancer that has been away but still has a proven excelent job history keep getting work here?

I really appreciate any insights anyone could have on this.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
mayalee99
Community Member

I'd say keep on searching, being absent from 2020 is definitely a disadvantage but nothing is impossible keep on doing what you doing for 3 months at least and give it a chance !

Good luck!!!

Wish you all the best!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members