🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Steps to becoming a Freelancer
Page options
de37c99f
Community Member

Steps to becoming a Freelancer

Good morning.  Inadvertantly and unintentionally, it seems I posted/enrolled in Upwork as if I had a job proposal, when if fact, I wanted to create a freelancer profile.

At the risk of appearing dumb as a box of rocks, I can figure out how to do that seemingly simple task.

I can't seem to navigate successfully through the myriad of links on the home page or the how to get started page.

Can anyone help, please?

Thank you.

Jack V

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

You can be a Client and a Freelancer using the same account. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To create a Freelancer account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

You will need to fill out your application and submit it for a review, please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
de37c99f
Community Member

Apparently, I did not make myself clear.  I want to know HOW I can enroll as a freelancer.Please advise.Thank you.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

If you would like to be able to submit a proposal as a Freelancer, you will need to create a Freelancer account and get it approved. Please complete the application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Submit Profile at the bottom of the page. Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
de37c99f
Community Member

Thank you for your response.However, this is what I have found when I tapped on the link provided.First, I was directed to a page that as I scrolled down, there appeared a tab for "Apply as a Freelancer."Upon tapping on that tab, I was directed to a page devoted entirely to "Posting a Job."  No where on this second page is there a link to an application form or any further instructions about "Freelancing."What am I missing?  Where am I going wrong?Please help.Thank you.Jack V

Hi John,

At the moment you`re signed up as a client. To open a freelancer profile please go to Settings > My Info > and at the bottom of the page click on "Create New Account". Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members