🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Subject: Assistance Needed with Tax Informati...
Page options
e1e5523c
Community Member

Subject: Assistance Needed with Tax Information Update and Confirmation

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding a notification I received on my Upwork profile. The message reads: "Action required: Please confirm your services on Upwork are being physically performed outside the United States in your tax information."

I would like to clarify that my tax information is complete and up-to-date, and I am physically located in Pakistan. However, I recently encountered an issue where I needed to use a VPN to access a blocked website for my content writing work. In doing so, I had to change my location settings temporarily. Unfortunately, I neglected to update my location back to Pakistan immediately, which might have triggered the notification on my profile.

I have since restored my original location settings to Pakistan. I am concerned about the requirement for tax verification again, as this process can be time-consuming, and I am currently engaged with a client, which makes it challenging to allocate time for re-verification.

Could you please advise if it is necessary for me to undergo the tax verification process again? I would greatly appreciate it if this issue could be resolved without the need for additional tax verification, considering my circumstances and the fact that my tax details are accurate and reflective of my current location.

Your prompt assistance in this matter would be immensely helpful in ensuring that my work on Upwork continues smoothly.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards, Muhammad Hamza

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

If you previously completed a version of the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E that did not include a statement of source, you’ll see a separate Statement of source section. You may complete this separately without redoing the entire form. To do so:

1. Go to Settings > Tax Information > Statement of source
  2. Review the information and select the box to certify

You’ll see a “Completed” label beside the section after you complete it. If you completed the Statement of Source as part of your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E certification already, you will not see a separate Statement of Source section.

If you redo your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you will no longer see a Statement of source section, since a statement of source is now included within the Tax identification number section.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

If you previously completed a version of the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E that did not include a statement of source, you’ll see a separate Statement of source section. You may complete this separately without redoing the entire form. To do so:

1. Go to Settings > Tax Information > Statement of source
  2. Review the information and select the box to certify

You’ll see a “Completed” label beside the section after you complete it. If you completed the Statement of Source as part of your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E certification already, you will not see a separate Statement of Source section.

If you redo your W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you will no longer see a Statement of source section, since a statement of source is now included within the Tax identification number section.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members