🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suggestion : Client Main Scope of Work ( "CLI...
Page options
majidadab
Community Member

Suggestion : Client Main Scope of Work ( "CLIENT MAIN CATEGORY" )

Hi Everyone

One good feature that could be very beneficial for freelancers is the Category and the main scope of a client ( not a Job post) which could be very useful for freelancers. It means that in the right panel which shows the status of a client, we could see "Client Main Category".

Now, we could just search and filter based on the Job posting Category and it is good but another important thing for a freelancer is whether the client just has one random (haphazardly)  job in my related speciality or the client itself main field of work and category is similar to my category.

This item could be gathered by UPWORK Artificial intelligence (machine learning system) automatically and there was no need for the clients to set this manually. the UPWORK could check all jobs of a client and based on the majority of one category in job posting of a client sets the "CLIENT MAIN CATEGORY"

Regards

Majid Adab

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

How would this benefit clients?

Dear Preston

It is an option which would be useful for freelancers more than clients.

1 - when the main field of a client is the same as a freelancer ( not the job post field ), working with the client and interaction with our same language is very easy for freelancers in comparison to clients from other fields without the same language. ( this item could be useful for clients too )

2 - in the right status panel which shows clients history and statistics with a glance we could understand the "client main category" . It is exactly like a "specialty" for freelancers which categorize and filterize freelancers.

3 - Usually the majority of similar works in a client history job postings shows that the client is a focus-based company or person with direct and distinct jobs. It could also help freelancers to maintain and keep their relationship with that client for long term jobs.( this item could be useful for clients too )

Thanks for your consideration. It is a suggestion that I think could have above 3 benefits for freelancers.

Regards

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members