🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended Contract Due to Client Billing Meth...
Page options
baloghildiko
Community Member

Suspended Contract Due to Client Billing Method Change

One of my contracts was suspended and the client said that it was due to a billing card change at his business that he was not aware of - which makes sense since he is not on the Accounting/Finance team. I saw that new billing methods can take days to be verified, and I have a tight deadline on a project for this client. If I wait for the payment method to be verified, I will miss the deadline. The contract allows for manual time entry, and while I know that there is no protection for manually logged hours, I trust this client enough to do the work and log the hours later. But I don't want to violate any Upwork policies.

So, my questions are:

1. Is it allowed to continue working on a suspended contract and manually log hours when the contract is restarted?
  2. And does it still take 3 days for new payment methods to be verified? I was only able to find this information in community forum conversations from 2020.
1 REPLY 1
spectralua
Community Member

1. No. But it is not huge violation. Use it for own risk. It wont be a problem if client will fix issue and will pay you via Upwork then.

2. It can take day or weeks.

Better to stop work until resolved.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members