🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tax number
Page options
mayalee99
Community Member

Tax number

For non Americans how do we find the tax number I didn't find any information if anyone can help!

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Mariam,

Are you referring to the Tax Identification Number? If so, this is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Luiggi for your answer, I checked the link you provided but it didn't include my country Morocco. 

I have seeked help here but it seems no one knows what's Pan or Tin or that number is.

Please help!

c4ea18a2
Community Member

Hii Mariam 

Determining your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) depends on where you are located as an individual or entity.

• For U.S.-based individuals: Your TIN is the same as your social security number.
  • For U.S.-based entities (corporations, partnerships, LLCs, etc.): In general, your TIN is usually the entity’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). In some cases (e.g., LLC, S-corp corporations, partnerships), however, the TIN may be that of the owner.  Consult with a tax professional to determine what your TIN is.
  • For creators based outside the U.S.: If you are a U.S. citizen living abroad, you must provide a TIN. If you are a non-U.S. citizen residing outside of the U.S., you may either provide a W-9 (if you have a TIN) or provide a W-8 (if you do not have a TIN).
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members