🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Telegram conversation
Page options
b64066e8
Community Member

Telegram conversation

I was told to message them on telegram. They asked if I was working, they dont read profiles??

I told him you'd have to hire me first with upwork before we continue the conversation. Did and have I lost a client?

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Why did you talk to them on telegram, it seems that you do know this is not allowed?

No, you didn't lose a client. He will try to find other people to scam, unfortunately. 

You need to flag these job postings. 

If there is a way for upwork to filter them out first, it will be good.

I agree that it would be good but am sure they are doing their best.

317d23d3
Community Member

Same thing happened to me, don't feel bad. I got my second scam attempt today from someone who wanted me to fo to a Teams meeting to be interviewed by someone else immediately, they didnt even offer to buy me dinner. I had to reread a few articles to conclude that it wasnt legit or at the very least in violation of TOS.

I have been coming across a few posts from clients who seem to have strange names (like Smith Roger or Morgan something) I read the help articles but Im new and curious about what a legitimate client's name should look like. With little in the way of experience to compare it to on this platform, I dont have much to go on.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your message. Please check out this post for tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you
Pradeep
Upwork
b64066e8
Community Member

Well, theres another this morning. I read his message, added him to my contact in whats app, then into upwork messanger, schedule a meeting with them for 30mins, went to whats app again and told him, "I think Mr. Jason(his name) its appropriate if we use upwork messenger. Thank You"

Now I'll see if he wants to work. I will not get tired of redirecting all you scammers😂

arunkumar60
Community Member

Anyone asking you to contact them on telegram are scammers and not hiring managers. You didn't loose a job, you saved your time!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members