🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Temporary Account Suspension Request due to F...
Page options
Community Member

Temporary Account Suspension Request due to Full-Time Missionary Service

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Hanzel Berse,, and I am writing to inform you of a temporary change in my availability that will impact my ability to use the Upwork platform.

I am currently an active freelancer on Upwork, operating under the username Hanzel Yurso B. However, I will be serving as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the next 18 months, starting from January 9, 2024. Due to the nature of my missionary service, I will not have access to the internet and will be unable to engage in any freelance work during this period.

In light of this, I kindly request your assistance in temporarily suspending my Upwork account for the duration of my missionary service. I understand and respect Upwork's policies, and I want to ensure that my account remains in good standing during my absence.

I would appreciate any guidance or steps you can provide to facilitate this temporary account suspension. Additionally, if there are any specific procedures or considerations I need to be aware of, please let me know.

I value my association with Upwork and am committed to returning to the platform once my missionary service concludes. I appreciate your understanding and assistance in this matter.

Thank you for your time and support. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Hanzel

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Hanzel,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There's no need to suspend your account if you'll be away for some time. Instead, you can set your availability and visibility.

You can set your availability on your  Find Work > Profile page under the Hours per week section. If you also wish to update your profile visibility, you can do so from your Profile Settings page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members