🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonials Approval
Page options
Tomoe G Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

445 REPLIES 445
Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Victoria,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents has contacted you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Muhammad A Community Member

Hi,

Please cancel this testimonial request because I send this request to the wrong person mistakenly. Please cancel this request as soon as possible.

Warm regards,

Awab

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents has contacted you with more information. 

~ Luiggi
Kavie L Community Member

Seriously, not everyone has Linkedin profile or wants it given out. I cant ad a testimonial without Linkedin? 

Natasha P Community Member

No, you can't, unfortunately. UW uses LinkedIn for the verification of individuals who provide the testimony. 

Madhu M Community Member

hi,

RECOMMENDATION sent by my client from outside of upwork platform shows pending. It wa sent by the client 2 days back. I see this error on my profile .

Your testimonial request to (Client's name ) is pending.

Please advise

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Madhu,

It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

- Pradeep

Rawad M Community Member

So Upwork community what can I do in this case to request a testimonial?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Rawad,

I regret to inform you that you cannot request Testimonials from clients without LinkedIn profiles. 

- Pradeep

Abdul W Community Member

I've a client of mine who has submitted the testimonial to my profile & it is still in pending state. What is the issue in it, how can this be resolved

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Abdul,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
John B Community Member

There is a section to request endorsements from past clients.  I did that and one of them submitted her endorsement and it still shows from Upwork as she is still pending.  Why is that and why does it take so long to post it?
Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of submissions than usual. Rest assured the team will review and update your testimonial as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Richard N Community Member

I sent out requests to have clients leave testimonials for me (I sent out 5) and they're all saying that when they click the button in the email, there's nothing related to leaving me a testimonial. They just get routed to https://www.upwork.com/hire/landing/

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry to hear that your clients are having trouble leaving a testimonial. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Tahmeeda W Community Member

Hello, 

I am updating my Upwork profile and would like to add a client testimonial too. I am working with a company and would like to add it.

The problem is - the LinkedIn URL of the company is invalid for some reason. I don't really know what to do. Is this because I am using the company's LinkedIn? 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Tahmeeda

Thanks for your question. This is happening because we cannot accept links to company profile pages. Please submit the link to your client's individual profile on LinkedIn. 

~ Luiggi
Muhammad Umais S Community Member

I wanted to know how long it will take for the testimonials I collected today to be approved and displayed on my profile. How much time is required for this process?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. Feel free to refer to this helpful article for more information. 

~Ivy
Abdul W Community Member

I've two clients of mine who have submitted testimonials to my profile & it is still in pending state. What is the issue in it, and how can this be resolved, please resolve this matter on urgent basis

wahabmangat_0-1720435633120.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Abdul,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Richard F Community Member

How long will this take? It seems like it's been a while now. Thanks

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Richard,

I understand that you're eager to have your testimonials on your profile. However, it can take up to 10 business days for them to be reviewed and made visible.

~Ivy
Vimala R Community Member

I'm new to Upwork hence requested my earlier clients for testimonial. 3 of my clients have submitted their testimonials in fact the 1st one was submitted on the 11th of July but they are still showing as pending.

I have raised a ticked for the same asking for approval time but haven't received anything on that as well.

It would be very helpful if the team can let me know the process of approval and how long does it take?

Thanks and regards

Natasha P Community Member

It took me 10 days for the testimonial to show up - wait for another few days and if nothing happens, raise the ticket. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members