🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonials
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

352 REPLIES 352
0522716d
Community Member

I've requested testimonials from my company twice, and they have provided them. However, the testimonials are not appearing on my Upwork profile.

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you submitted the testimonial request two days ago. In general, if the status changed from "awaiting response" to "pending," it means that the client already provided their response and it is now queued to be evaluated by our team.

Our review team typically completes evaluations within 3 to 5 days after the client replies to the testimonial. However, our review team has been receiving an overwhelming number of requests lately, which has resulted in a backlog. This means that it may take a little longer than usual for testimonials to be posted. Kindly allow our team more time to complete the evaluation process.

~ AJ
Upwork
abdullahbutt7940
Community Member

It has been 10 days, my client gave me a testimonial 10 days ago but it's still not showing on my profile.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie, 

My client kindly wrote me a testimonial more than a week ago, and I still can't see it on my profile. Would you mind helping me sort this out please? 

Thank you! 🙂

Noelle 

Hi Noel,

We've shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of the team members has reached out with more information about the status of your Testimonials request. Please visit this support ticket or your email for updates and don't hesitate to coordinate with the team if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d48e295c
Community Member

Hey, 

I'm a freelancer looking to get started on upwork. 

I've sent a testimonial request to a preioius clients for a reference, he's filled it out and submitted it. But I havn't recieved it on my profile yet. I'm just wondering is it in the verification stage or is it lost?

Thanks. 

Hi Gerard,

You can check in this link :

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002004322-Testimonials 

• It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile
  • Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back

Gerard,

Reviews are all that most Clients read.

There aren't as many staff members, now, so I would imagine it's just taking a little time. I doubt it is lost.

Hi Gerard,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents has contacted you to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ae785e78
Community Member

Dear Gerard:

Thank you for your message.

My new outside testimonial from a week ago is still not on my profile and noone has contacted me.

I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance!

Angela

ae785e78
Community Member

Upwork has received a Testimonial from a client outside of Upwork. How long does it take until that Testimonial will appear on my profile?

Hi Angela,

It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. For more information about Testimonials, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
ae785e78
Community Member

Dear Joanne:

Thank you for your message and info.

I have send the testimonial a week ago.

Do you know how many more days you might need?

Thank you in advance!

Angela 

Hi Angela,

It's nice to hear back from you! I checked, and it looks like the testimonial is still being reviewed. You will be notified once they have completed their review. I appreciate your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mxbh
Community Member

What do one should think of the testimonals as.? If Some expert can tell how much impact they have on trust of a buyer.?

b2c37ba7
Community Member

client accepted my testimonal link and submitted. still seeing the testimonial is pending in my profile

Hi Sohail,

Thank you for your message. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we need some time to review and approve each Testimonial before it appears on your profile. We thank you for your patience and understanding

- Pradeep

Upwork
f69362d0
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I have worked for my two past clients and requested them to submit an honest testimonial about my expertise and the role that I have played in their projects. They have submitted the testimonial but it is not seen in my profile. I even asked him twice that you had submitted the testimonial and they said of course we had submitted the testimonials. Could you please tell me why they are not showing in my profile? Please solve this issue fast as soon as possible.

Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

We've reached out directly to the team handling the review to have your submitted Testimonials reviewed. One of the team members has sent you an email with more information about the status of your Testimonials and further instructions. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f69362d0
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have contacted your team through email as you said but didn't get any response from them. Please notify them and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

MUHAMMAD Awab

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked the support ticket you are referring to and can confirm that it is already in queue with the relevant team. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your request. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
3199136d
Community Member

Hey

I am new to Upwork so I asked an offline client to submit a Testimonial. I know this client submitted something last week, but the profile is not updating. How can I solve the issue?

I don't want to ask the client to submit again as this wouldn't be appropriate...

Hello Diana,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding your Testimonial request, and thank you for your patience. Upon checking with the team, I can confirm that your Testimonial is now approved and should be visible on your profile. The team shared more information with you via this support ticket. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0e3f6c35
Community Member

Please, who can tell me step by step how to receive the client's testimonial and put it in my profile?.

Hi Jose Manuel,

This is one great way to highlight your awesome work on Upwork right on your Upwork profile. Here's how to start: 

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile
  2. Scroll down to the "Testimonia" s" section
  3. C"ick on “Request a "estimonial”
  4. Enter you" client's information, including a link to their LinkedIn account

Once you've completed your part, we'll email the request to your client and let you know when we hear back. Please visit this help article to learn more about Testimonials.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fd445c43
Community Member

Hi 

My clients provided me with a testimonial. I am waiting for its approval and display on my profile. How much time it takes by Upwork?

Kindly inform

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/shumailai10

My profile link is attached.

Hi Shumaila,

Once a Testimonial request is sent to a client, we'll email it directly to your client and let you know when we hear back. Please understand that it takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
72ee8d29
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I had sent request to my out side of Upwork clients and they responded, but these endorsements are not yet approved by upwork.
How much time it takes to be approved.?
What are the criteria for the approval?

So you asked for testimonials upside upwork, your client responded and Upwork dont aproved the endorsement yet? that is crazy.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I understand you're eager to have your client's testimonial displayed on your profile. Please keep in mind that it takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. If your request is still pending after this week please follow up with us here and we'll be happy to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
113d648a
Community Member

Hi, can I request to cancel my testimonial request? I accidentally sent a request to my non-upwork client.

I would notify the person it was a mistake.

Hi Berllet,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents has contacted you to assist further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hamidali24
Community Member

I requested testimonial from my past client.. it is still pendening

Hi Hamid,

Testimonial requests are reviewed within 10 days from the date the client submits their testimonial. You can check out this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hamidali24
Community Member

Thank you very much dear Luiggir for your precious time and guidance.

bca4b278
Community Member

Hello guys, have a good evening all.

I requested a testimotional my old customer. He accepted my request, he commented. But the comment didnt came to my profile. What should I do?

Thanks from now,

kind regards.

Hi Bilal,

I've contacted the team handling the case and submitted a follow-up to take a closer look at your Testimonial request. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members with the status of your request momentarily. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members