Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's offending

Highlighted
Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
21 of 48

Looking at the client's work history, they have "no Indians" and "no Asians" in the titles of three of their job posts. And the job postings contain the same threat to report applicants.

What utterly dreadful people. Shame on them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
22 of 48

I'm extra offended since I'm Indian -_- Wish I had seen the job post/link before it was removed. People are allowed to have preferences (like geographical location), but judging freelancers by their race or nationality is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
23 of 48

The job is still up. So clearly, Upwork is comfortable with this sort of posting. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Leader
24 of 48

Yeah, still up, hours and hours later.

Which means it's transitioning from "shame on the client" to "shame on Upwork".

Come on, sort it out, for god's sake. Removing the link from the forum isn't sorting it out.

Highlighted
Community Leader
25 of 48

If this is at all motivating, I've posted on Facebook and Twitter about this. You know, it's not a thing to be hand-waved away, and really does speak very poorly of Upwork's standards. This is blatant racism, live on your supposedly professional service.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
26 of 48

The mind boggles at how quickly and self-righteously Upwork can remove any reference to stuff like the post in question, so that reading the whole thread thereafter becomes like a guessing game. But then to read that the original post still stands, it beggars belief that either

a) they aren't concerned about it really, despite assurances from the mod, and/or,

b) they haven't got the technical expertise to simply press a button to suspend/cooler/remove/delete the offending post.

So the suggestion, in non-technical terms, is to make the same quick-delete button that you use so quickly and effectively on forum posts available to quickly delete job postings. Press the button, job done - you have the technology...

I've given up trying to work out how it all works, or what it all means, because every day something more bizarre ot more annoying turns up.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
27 of 48

@Stephen B wrote:

The mind boggles at how quickly and self-righteously Upwork can remove any reference to stuff like the post in question, so that reading the whole thread thereafter becomes like a guessing game. But then to read that the original post still stands, it beggars belief that either 

Stephen, the one thing you can rely on at Upwork is that clients will be pampered and freelancers will not.

Faheem K Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
28 of 48

Well , the post will not be changed , He/they are respectable clients to them , All they care is to wash the fourm. 

What can we expect - they are the ones paying - so they can do everything what they like. I believe Upwork (really don't know whats up in it) should design the category - where these rigid clients can post job - that will be not shown in countries like Pakistan - Sri Lanka - India - Bangladesh or what ever they like to add . Then they don't have to spill their minds . 

Highlighted
Community Leader
29 of 48

It's been canned at last.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
30 of 48

@Valeria K wrote:

Thank you for reporting. I have followed up with our Marketplace Quality team to make sure the job posting is reviewed and actions are taken.

VA  overseas staff with a big motivation! (NO India) - Admin Sup... (06-29-2015 08.59.41).png

VA  overseas staff with a big motivation! (NO India) - Admin Sup... (06-29-2015 09.00.12).png

I wonder what action was taken. Same client.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS