🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The customer left without completing the paym...
Page options
b7088071
Community Member

The customer left without completing the payment.

I signed a contract for 60 dollars a few weeks ago, completed the milestone phase and was going to pay the full payment when the project was finished, but he only paid the milestone (30 dollars) and closed the contract. The customer does not respond to my messages. I sent an email to Upwork and they don't respond, it's pointless to not be able to reach Upwork support team and open a topic here.

Please solve this problem urgently. Charge the full cost of the project to the client.

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Yunus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link next to the funded milestone on the contract details page to share work with their clients and, at the exact moment, request payment. Once you submit work and request payment, the client will have 14 days to review it and approve or ask for changes. If they take no action in 14 days, the funds in Escrow will be released to you. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection here.

If the contract is already closed you may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members