The priceless moment...
- When the potential client answered to my proposal for designing a logo with an offer
- When I realized that he silently changed the price to 50% of my proposed quote
- When I noticed that he funded escrow only with the half of this new sum
- When I requested explanation of this surprising step, and he told me that he thought I have this "wiggle room" on my price
- And finally: when I declined his offer and fired him immediately because of this dirty trick.
Too bad that we are held hostage to feedback. In a more equitable world, you could submit a quarter of a logo and hit the green button. Then if he were to protest, you could explain that you thought he had "wiggle room" regarding his deliverables.
Thank you for the laugh Janean 😄
It's a pity though, that we don't have direct control over our milestones, as it was on Elance before. It often happens that a client funds escrow for the sketching phase with 20-25% of the full price - while sketching is the designing itself, and it is about 80% of the work. (That's why I always request funding escrow fully, at least for smaller projects, under $500)
Recently, we hosted an event with Upwork's Engineering Lead, Mike Maietta. In this event, we introduced this new tool, and Mike demonstrated how to use it and answered questions.Learn More
Upwork partnered Red Bay Coffee and artists commissioned from our own platform to bring the Wake and Make blend to life. We asked the creatives to share their freelancer journeys.Learn More
Virtual Talent Bench enables you to easily discover and connect with talent. Learn more about building custom lists of talent, adding tags, notes, and more to move your business forward.Learn More
Loom addition in messages provides more ways to easily communicate and share information on Upwork!Learn More