Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The priceless moment

nemes
Community Guru
Zoltán N Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
1 of 3

The priceless moment...

- When the potential client answered to my proposal for designing a logo with an offer
- When I realized that he silently changed the price to 50% of my proposed quote
- When I noticed that he funded escrow only with the half of this new sum
- When I requested explanation of this surprising step, and he told me that he thought I have this "wiggle room" on my price

- And finally: when I declined his offer and fired him immediately because of this dirty trick.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 3

Too bad that we are held hostage to feedback. In a more equitable world, you could submit a quarter of a logo and hit the green button. Then if he were to protest, you could explain that you thought he had "wiggle room" regarding his deliverables.

nemes
Community Guru
Zoltán N Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
3 of 3

Thank you for the laugh Janean 😄

It's a pity though, that we don't have direct control over our milestones, as it was on Elance before. It often happens that a client funds escrow for the sketching phase with 20-25% of the full price - while sketching is the designing itself, and it is about 80% of the work. (That's why I always request funding escrow fully, at least for smaller projects, under $500)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS