cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Timesheet Concern

rolaipernia
Rolina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2017
1 of 4

I would like to know if what is the solution of job done but no timesheet? I am new to upwork. This is my second client in upwork. My first client is Fixed price and this is my first hourly client. After my job submitted the client message me that she cannot process the payment due to no timesheet?How is it become possible to be billed the worked I had made. Please, can anyone reply me. Thank you.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Yeah... it really sounds like you don't know how to use Upwork properly. But that's okay! You will learn. It's not that complicated once you get used to it.

The mistake you made was that you worked on an hourly contract, but you did not log your time.

I am a freelancer. I have downloaded the Upwork desktop application to my computer.

When I work on an hourly contract, I choose the contract/job and then I click the button on the application. The button switches from "Off" to "On."

When I stop working, I click the button again. The "On" switches to "Off."

When I do this, I get paid AUTOMATICALLY. I don't need to do anything else. The client doesn't need to do anything at all.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

Rolina:

You made a mistake. But you asked what can you do NOW.

Send a message to the client. Tell her:

"Evelyn:

You're right. I did not log time properly and thus there is no work diary. This was my first time working on an hourly contract on Upwork. This was my mistake.

"If you will allow me to log manual time, I can go to the work diary and add in the time that I worked on this project. Alternatively, I could tell you how many hours I worked, and you could pay me the appropriate amount using the Pay Bonus feature.

"If you would be willing to do one of these things, I would appreciate it so much!

Thank you,

Rolina."

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
4 of 4

Start reading here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067938-Pay-for-Hourly-Contracts?flash_digest=7933776...

Then, go to the NEW TO UPWORK section of the forums and read everything. 

There are very specific steps that you must follow to work on the platform and be paid. Additionally, once you have worked on an hourly contract, it takes more than a week for the time to be reviewed and processed. None of us know which of these steps, if any, you have completed properly. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS