🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Too many clients never logging in after posti...
Page options
jonrdunnington
Community Member

Too many clients never logging in after posting project

I have been using Upwork as a Freelancer for around 6 years, most of this being very lucrative, but over the last few months I have noticed that I am constantly applying for projects and getting no bites. I have previosuly averaged around 1 shortlist per 20 bids and secured 1 project in around 40-50 bids. This week, I have applied for 95 projects and had 166 profile views yet not a single shortlist. For context, I have a JSS of 90% (it took a little bit of a dip when I started to lose interest in Upwork when this problem started) and I am Top Rated Plus, over $100k earned through 146 jobs and 1,359 hours. I have been using a similar template for applications just updated with the most recent updates (e.g. regarding my JSS score or how many years I have been at it, etc.)

Over the last few months, I have sent aroudn 240 proposals and think I may have been shortlisted twice, both of these proejcts never got assigned. When I checked through around 10-15 projects I had bid on, at random, I noticed that most (if not all) of these had not been viewed by the poster and never assigned a designer.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is Upwork on it's way out or did something change that I am not adapting to?

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members