🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing
Page options
jaycee_digitals
Community Member

Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing

Hello, there.

Yes, I'd like to know why my weeks for qualification for top-rated status haven't been increasing, despite meeting the qualifications

Yes, I was on my 15th week of the 16 weeks to qualify for the top-rated badge :japanese_symbol_for_beginner: on Upwork before I miss out on the qualification. The qualification weeks have been dropping back for the weeks I wasn't qualified till it got to the 6th week of the qualification weeks. 

After working on some jobs and getting nice ratings, I got back to 93% JSS and since then I've been maintaining the 93%.

It's now over 7 weeks having over 90% JSS and meeting all of the criteria but the weeks seem not to be increasing.🤔

Please, I'd like to know why this is happening.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Regards,

Joy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

500 REPLIES 500

Hi Jacqueline,

It sounds like you have accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks. The Top Rated eligible weeks metric keeps track of your progress, looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. We update the count every Saturday. You need to have Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of 90% or more for the week to be considered Eligible week. Every Saturday, we take out the week that is 17 weeks old and add the new week.

If you are eligible this week, but not 17 weeks ago, your count will go up by one. If you are not eligible this week, but were 17 weeks ago, your count will go down by one.

- Pradeep

Upwork
f6298d9b
Community Member

sir my top rated weeks not increase my jss 93

Hi Shumaila,

It looks like you've accumulated a block of non-eligible week(s). You'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. To explain this further, when your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included.

Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find the chart explaining this process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0a5f5641
Community Member

Hi,

I have maintained a JSS of 100% since I have been eligible for a JSS. Now my top rated eligibility weeks does not seem to increase week over week. It is stuck at 3 of 16. Could someone help me understand this?

Regards,

Mohamad

Hi Mohamad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fb1bd00c
Community Member

Hello there,

I came to you last year either around November I guess to complain of how I meet all the qualifications for the top rated badge but hasn't been posted on my profile being a previous top rated badge holder.... you explained to me how they are calculated and all but there has been no increase or change whatsoever and also it shows the last update was on Dec 24.... that's 2 weeks away.... kindly could you ñow look into it? 

Regards

Philip.

Hi Philip,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
db801079
Community Member

Hello,

I am writing to ask for your support. Today 07.Jan.24, my JSS has gone to 93 %. Before this day, my JSS was 89% and my Top Rated Eligible weeks attribute was 2 of 16.

Please correct me if I am wrong, the Top Rated Eligible weeks attribute counts the weeks that my JSS > 90 %, and if there are 16 weeks, I will be able to gain the Top Rated badge. Therefore, I was so happy to see that my JSS has increased to greater than 90%, and hoping it could keep me in eligible weeks for Top-Rated. 

However, the update is quite surprising:

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 22.52.59.png

I hope to have your advice on this.

Thanks and best regards,

Kieu.

Hi Kieu,

First off, congrats on achieveing +90% JSS! Let me help answer your question. Just like you mentioned, to earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
db801079
Community Member

Thank you very much for your fast response, Luiggi ☺️

eaa6e746
Community Member

Why does my toprated eligible weeks stuck at 5 out of 16 for weeks now? 

Hi Bridgette,

Out of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible weeks as the last time we checked. Eligible weeks must include Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%. Each Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. (See the chart above for a visual example.)

For the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago (eligible weeks count would go up by one).

For the count to decrease, you must not be eligible this week, but were eligible 17 weeks ago (eligible weeks count would go down by one). You can learn more about how this is calculated in this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
spaziosami
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team

Facing issue in my Stat for Eleigible Week not increasing, As mostly for Week Number updation it will updated on Sunday or Monday, but this time it's more than 3 days now still same number of week showing in my Stat, Kindly resolve this issue. 
Thanks

a93fcc07
Community Member

Hi there, 

my top-rated badge weeks are not increasing even though a lot of weeks have passed. 

Please check it with the team. 

Thanks 

P.s It shows 14 of 16

Hi Rehan,

Thank you for reaching out, and I respect your eagerness to get the Top Rated Status. You've already reached the eligibility week criteria. Please know that you must maintain a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks to qualify for the badge.

The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress, looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation.

When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count.

Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

You're on your way, though. You now need to reach 12-month earnings of at least $1,000. Keep up the fantastic job!

~ Arjay
Upwork
shaiquat
Community Member

today is the 13th week of my upwork top-rated eligibility. but the profile is still saying it is the 12th week but there shows that it was last updated on 21st January. 

please help me to fix it. 

best regards,
Ayon Mollah

Hi Ayon,

Considering that since today is when JSS updates, you could still see this information change throughout the day. If after 24 hours remains unchanged, please let us know so we can investigate it further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
moise-the-geek
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

I am eligible to become top rated, but at this moment nothing is happening. I have all the necessary criteria I believe. Can anyone give me a more detailed explanation?

THANKS

moisethegeek_0-1705853175726.png

Hi Moussa,

Since today is when JSS updates and your eligible weeks have just recently changed, it can take up to 24 hours after meeting the criteria for the badge to be awarded to your profile. If you still see no change after that time, feel free to let us know so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
moise-the-geek
Community Member

Thank you Luggi for the clarification.

creativeshukla
Community Member

Hi community. 
I wonder why my top-rated eligible week count is not increasing. I already have a JSS score of more than 90% for 4 weeks or more than 4 weeks but my top-rated eligible week count is not increasing, from the past 4 weeks it stuck on 11 of 16 top-rated eligible weeks. I've been patiently waiting for it to update for 4 weeks. What is the solution for this?

Hi Shukla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible week(s), you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
09a33f23
Community Member

Hello Upwork support team.

I need to know why is my Top Rated eligible weeks did not increase this weekend? Thank you.

Hi Aman,

When your count of eligible weeks doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
458d419c
Community Member

Hi, since it's monday today I've waited for my Top Rated Eligible Weeks to increase because every week it was increasing and since the last calculation of JSS my score was 99%, but my top rated eligible weeks remains the same, last week 11/16 I'd expect it to become 12 this sunday but it wasn't. Why is that? Can you check what's went wrong? or do I need to wait until 24 hours?

Hi Jelly Ann,

Would you mind allowing 24 hours from today to confirm if it updates? That said, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
458d419c
Community Member

It has already updated, thanks Luigi!

0a5f5641
Community Member

Could someone from support please check my top rated eligibility? It should have increased this week by 1. I  have jss over 96%, no holds. 

Hi Mohamad,

If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0a5f5641
Community Member

Hi, I never had a non eligible week. In fact, I have maintained of 90% since I started as a freelancer

2fb932a5
Community Member

This week, my top rated eligible weeks should have been increased to 12 but it is still at 11 weeks, i don't have any non-eligible weeks so far because my JSS never dropped below 100%

I have 100% JSS & earning on Daily basis from a client, but for some reason, my eligible weeks didn't increase, can anyone help please ? 

same issue here 😞

ef5dddab
Community Member

Joanne, I checked my profile stats today and seems my "Top Rated eligible weeks is now 11 of 16 weeks", but last week it was 13 of 16 weeks. Why it reduced to 11 weeks from 13 weeks. It should be 14 of 16 weeks. Please check on this matter asap, as I'm loosing clients because of this the badge. 

Hi Khyati,

I am sorry to hear about the drop in the Top Rated Eligible Weeks. This score is calculated for the last 16 weeks and every week we drop the last week and include the most recent week in the score. You can refer to this help page for more information.

I see that you've also raised this concern via a support ticket and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a70336d8
Community Member

It's been over 2 weeks and my weeks are not increasing. It 10 out of 16. While after two while it should be 12 out of 16. But What should be the reason.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that in order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a70336d8
Community Member

Sure thank you

582a9aa4
Community Member

Hey there,

I have completed four projects but my Job Success Score (JSS) is stuck at 91%. Also, my Top Rated Eligible Weeks have not been updated for the last 5-6 weeks and are still at 11 out of 16.

795d847e
Community Member

Hi, I sent a message regarding Jss.
My jss was below 90% for about 45 days but after this time I was able to get it back to 90% on Jan 21st.
However, there is a problem that I have a question about.
The first thing is that after the increase of Jss, the number of "Top Rated eligible weeks" for me was 6 out of 16, but a day or two after Jan 21, this statistic decreased to 5 out of 16 for me.

And the second thing is that this week, even though I had Jss equal to 90%, but the number of "Top Rated eligible weeks" did not increase for me!!

According to the rules, doesn't the "Top Rated eligible weeks" statistic increase if you have a jss of 90% and above?

The problem is that now 7 days have passed since Jan 21, which is a relatively long time, while my Jss has not reached 7 out of 16, but even worse, it has decreased by one and reached 5 out of 16!!

Hi Sajad,

If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members