🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing
Page options
jaycee_digitals
Community Member

Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing

Hello, there.

Yes, I'd like to know why my weeks for qualification for top-rated status haven't been increasing, despite meeting the qualifications

Yes, I was on my 15th week of the 16 weeks to qualify for the top-rated badge :japanese_symbol_for_beginner: on Upwork before I miss out on the qualification. The qualification weeks have been dropping back for the weeks I wasn't qualified till it got to the 6th week of the qualification weeks. 

After working on some jobs and getting nice ratings, I got back to 93% JSS and since then I've been maintaining the 93%.

It's now over 7 weeks having over 90% JSS and meeting all of the criteria but the weeks seem not to be increasing.🤔

Please, I'd like to know why this is happening.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Regards,

Joy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joy,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

500 REPLIES 500

Hi Abubaker,

Thank you for your message. I checked the funds you are referring to and noticed that the payment was approved by the client on September 13th and it will be available for withdrawal on September 17th after completion of the 5-day security period. That said, the dates seen on the Report page are correct.

About the Top Rated Eligible Weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible weeks as last time we checked. Eligible weeks must include Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%. Every Saturday, we update your eligibility status by dropping the oldest week and adding the newest one. This means that your eligibility status can change depending on your performance in the most recent week compared to the week that was dropped. Check out this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, Pradeep, thanks for the message. I am referring to my hourly contract not the fixed one.

Thank you for clarifying, Abubakar. I see that the hours are referring to were logged during the week of Sept 3rd to Sept 10th. All logged hours are processed as per the weekly billing cycle. That said, the amount seen as pending on the Report page for the hourly contract is correct. Faster payout is available for Top Rated freelancers and agencies only. Check out this help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Also, I couldn't understand why my weeks are not increasing? JSS 100%

You can refer to my response to your main post to learn about Top Rated Eligible Weeks.

- Pradeep

Upwork
narasimharao_y
Community Member

Sir,

Why my  Top Rated eligible weeks are not increased today as my JSS score is 95% without any change

Thank you and waiting  for help

narasimha rao y

Hi NARASIMHA,

It looks like you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past and you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation.

When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
narasimharao_y
Community Member

Hi

Thank you but my JSS is increasing from 95% ~ to 96 %, but wahy   Top rated weeks are not changing

I am asking again  because  two weeks bask the same problems happened to me and after my request, it was  updated 

narasimha

Hi Narasimha,

As Annie mentioned in her post above, this is likely because you've accumulated several non-eligible weeks in your calculation. Once these fall off the calculation, you should see your eligible weeks increase. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
60a9b5ff
Community Member

I have been on 100% jss for the past 5weeks and Top rated for the past 2weeks but my eligibility weeks has been stuck at 14 ever since I became top rated

Hi Abdulazeez,

Thank you for your message. Eligible weeks are the ones where you had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score at 90% or above. Every Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago. Because of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible ones as the last time we checked. You can refer to the table on this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2c61de3b
Community Member

Hi Upwork community,

I dropped my JSS to 89% and my Top rated eligible weeks started dropping town as I had lost my Top rated badge. My JSS increased to 94% four weeks ago but my Top rated eligible weeks didn't start to increase. They are still 12/16. I just checked that My JSS has now increased to 100% but still, my Top rated eligible weeks are on 12/16. Could you please let me know why it is happening to me?

Hi Zaid,

If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2c61de3b
Community Member

Thank Luiggi for responding,

I understand the process of Top rated eligible weeks falling back as they started falling back and it fell to 12/16 when my JSS was 89% but it's been four weeks my JSS has been increased to 90%+ but my Top rated eligible weeks didn't started increasing.

narasimharao_y
Community Member

Hi,  

For the past 13 weeks, my JSS score increased this week to 95%. My number of top-rated eligible weeks has gradually been increasing each week and has now reached 12 out of 16. However, this week my JSS score increased to 100% but my number of top-rated eligible weeks did not change. Can you please explain why this happened?

thank you

narasimha rao

localist
Community Member

Hello,

I lost my top rated batch due to cancellations and dropped in Jss score below 90% but now I'm back to 90%. Ever since I got back to 90%, my top rated eligibility stopped counting and I don't know why. 

My job invitation dropped as well, I used to get at least 6 invites weekly even after losing my top rated batch but unfortunately, I've been getting nothing less than 1 invite in two to three weeks. I will really appreciate any useful comments and feedback on my account. Thank you so much

Hi Daniel,

Eligible weeks are the ones where you had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score at 90% or above. Every Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago. Because of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible ones as the last time we checked. You can refer to the table on this help page for more information.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello.

Firstly, congratulations on bouncing back and achieving a JSS score of 90%. It's no small feat, especially in a competitive platform like Upwork. I understand your concerns regarding the top-rated eligibility and the decrease in job invitations.

1. Top-Rated Eligibility: Once you drop from the top-rated status, getting it back isn't just about having a 90% or above JSS score. You also need to maintain that score consistently for at least 13 out of the past 16 weeks. Additionally, ensure you meet other criteria like earning a certain amount over 12 months, having an account in good standing, etc. If you recently regained the 90% score, it might just be a matter of time. Please keep an eye on your eligibility metrics.

Job Invitations: There could be various reasons for a drop in job invitations:

* Profile Visibility: Ensure your profile visibility is set to 'Public' or 'Visible to Upwork Users' so clients can easily find you.
Profile Optimization: Update your profile with recent projects and relevant keywords that clients frequently search for.
Active Participation: Engage more actively on the platform, submit proposals for jobs that fit your expertise, and always seek feedback from completed projects.
Market Dynamics: Sometimes, external factors like market demand for specific skills can affect invitations. Keep diversifying and updating your skills as per market trends.

Lastly, you might consider connecting with Upwork's support or community forum for more specific insights about your account.

Remember, the freelance landscape can be cyclic. While there may be periods of low activity, persistence, and continuous improvement always yield results. If there's anything else I can help you with or further advice on, please don't hesitate to ask.

narasimha

Thamks so much Narasimha, I will take my time to revisit my profile and work on the possible reasons you listed. 

Please one more thing, I will like to know the benefits of working for an agency on upwork and how I can join one. Thanks so much 

ff164701
Community Member

Hello, there.

I'd like to know why my weeks for qualification for top-rated status haven't been increasing, despite meeting the qualifications

from last 3 weeks my Top-Rated Eligible weeks stuck at 11 weeks it in not icreasing.
 thanks
Mahady.

Hi Mahady Hasan,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. Out of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same number of eligible weeks as the last time we checked. Eligible weeks must include Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%. We remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation each Saturday and add the most recent week. 

For the count to increase, you must be eligible this week but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago (the eligible weeks count would go up by one).

For the count to decrease, you must not be eligible this week but were eligible 17 weeks ago (the eligible weeks count would go down by one).

Additionally, for the count to remain the same, you must be eligible this week and were also eligible 17 weeks ago (or the other way around if you were not eligible for both). Please see the chart shared in this help article for a visual example of how your eligible weeks were calculated. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
de3c6f92
Community Member

I'd like to know if there's no metric through which we can see our eligible and ineligible weeks?. Leaving us in the blind doesn't help. My eligibility has been on 12/16 weeks and it's not been increasing. I have a jss score of 100 per cent. 

Hi Merit,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and concerns. I will be sharing this with the relevant team.

- Pradeep

Upwork
80d96023
Community Member

My JSS is 90% and my 12-month earning is more than 1K.

Yet, this week, my Top Rated eligible weeks are not counted.

Can any supporter help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Yen,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. To earn Top-Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

Keep up the amazing work!

~ Arjay
Upwork
django_expert
Community Member

Why my weeks are not getting increased or decreased from last 1 month. what's happening?

Abubakar,

Can you give a screenshot of what you are referring to?

sorry for confusion. I was talking about top rated eligibility weeks.

Do you mean your top rated weeks? 

It's because it works like this:

YYYYYYNNYYYYNNNN

then, the next week, if you meet the criteria (Y), it looks like this:

YYYYNNYYYYNNNNYY

Two Ys fell off the oldest end of the chain and were replaced by the new one, so no change in eligible weeks. That doesn't happen until some N weeks fall off and are replaced by Ys.

what are the representatives of Y and N?

Yes and No for eligible or not

I am waiting for a response from UW representative.

Hi Abubakar,

You see the same number of weeks because you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past 16 weeks of the calculation window, you'll need to wait for those non-eligible weeks to fall out of the calculation while achieving all the requirements in the current week. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. You can refer to this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

- Pradeep

Upwork
beyene-dagnachew
Community Member

My job-score success dropped to 89%, so the "Top Rated" badge disappeared. but after 2 weeks, the success score improved to 90% and later to 92%. But the badge didn't return.

Hi Dagnachew,

Looks like the reason why you still haven't received the Top Rated badge, is because there is a non-eligible week within the total number of weeks for your calculation. In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c11c1c10
Community Member

Good day!
please my 'Top Rated eligible weeks' has been stuck on '12 of 16 weeks.'

my current job success score is 95%.

I maintained the rising talent badge for 16 of the 16 weeks, until my 1st JSS

My 1st JSS was 78%, after which I stopped seeing the rising talent
badge,  and then increased to 82% and then to 92% and finally to 95%
now.(last 2 weeks).

It has been over 7 weeks and i still haven't seen any changes in the
'Top Rated eligible weeks"

please can i get some help here. 

I'd very much appreciate it.

Best Regards.

Hi Ebenezer,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your JSS records. Please know that the Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past (like what you shared above), you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count.

Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process. You're almost there! Keep up a fantastic job!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c11c1c10
Community Member

thank you sir.!

9573d3b9
Community Member

Hi there,

I was top rated but my jss drops to 87 and lost my top rated badge and my top rated eligible weeks was decreasing every week.Last week my jss increased to 90 but my top rated eligible weeks stuck on 10 and not increasing from last two weeks.

You have to wait another week. It updates every 2 weeks. So if you just reached back to 90% last week, you have to maintain it for another week for it to show. It should update next Sunday, based on what you're saying.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members