Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Freelancer Email

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
1 of 55

I got an email today regarding yet another update Odesk is un-rolling. Apparently, the old "All-Star Freelancer program" is being canceled, and this new Top Rated Freelancer thing is replacing it.  No wonder they were in such a rush to roll out My Stats and show the Job Success % on profiles.

There is a new entry in the Support Pages for this, with both details and FAQ.  Here is the URL:

https://support.odesk.com/entries/61866640

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 55

Congrats Pandora, and thanks for sharing the Help article with more info. We'll be sharing more soon as the program comes closer to launch. 

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
3 of 55

Hi Garnor,

Can you share details on "Personalized recommendations to strengthen your profile"?

Community Manager
4 of 55

Hi Olga,

We'll send you feedback on each area of your profile and how to make it even stronger to attract more clients.

Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
5 of 55

I just got it as well! I must confess: right now, I'm both excited about it and proud of myself! Smiley Very Happy

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
6 of 55

@Garnor M wrote:

Congrats Pandora, and thanks for sharing the Help article with more info. We'll be sharing more soon as the program comes closer to launch. 

Thanks Garnor. I just sorta figured that for those who did didn't get the email, or if they did but didn't notice the link, the support page has some nice data on it and should be shared.

With all the latest ton of updates, a lot of folks might not even know the page has been added.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
7 of 55

Garnor, I received the email as well and the first thought that came to mind was "you got to be kidding me". This email suggests that anyone with a job score of over 90% and annual earnings of at least $1000 will be now called "top rated" and will have access to chat and phone support - the catch is, in order to qualify, users need to add a photo. I took down my picture for a reason. Does this mean I won't have access to chat and phone support much longer despite the fact that I make a big multiple of the minimum? 

Community Manager
8 of 55

We want to put you in front of as many clients as possible, and make your profile as attractive as possible.  Photos are an important factor in this.  The 100% profile completion requirement is to ensure our Top Rated freelancers have profiles that look as good as their work history reflects. 

You've had access to chat and phone support as part of your inclusion in the All-Star program. We are planning to transition the All-Star program into Top Rated, but as noted we will require a profile photo to make your profile complete.

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
9 of 55

I guess it is a matter of perspective but I don't understand how someone's  photo can be more important than how much  money s/he makes through your website, but then again  I don't understand a lot of stuff that are going on here.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
10 of 55

Garnor - then please help me understand what the point of keeping my 3+ years  client on oDesk is and not just leave the site? I've done really well without oDesk "putting me" in front of anything, and the fees I pay (which are a multiple of what the threshold to qualify as a top rated freelancer is) do justify timely support which can't be accomplished through tickets. If you disagree, please explain. Thanks.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS