cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate 75 articles for 1 buck ! or less !!!! each one...

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
11 of 14

@Davide O wrote:

As usual, I'm kinda surprised/shocked that some users don't live up to the old saying "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all",

Davide, what follows is not meant to the original poster specifically but has to be understood as a broader observation about this community.

Each industry has its standards. And each industry has its bozos. I can't draw, I have zero visual artistic sense but I can buy (crack) Photoshop, play with some tutorials and then come here and try to sell my services as a graphic designer and illustrator working for 3 bucks per hour.

I may receive some snarky comments from real pros in the field. Especially if they have spent some time on this community and if they have seen all kinds of people like me. Sometimes you just get tired of being nice.

Translation, just as graphic design, is a craft that requires experience and expertise. Translators only translate in their native language and whoever says to translate in their source language, especially if they demonstrate a poor command of this language, are amateurs.

They may receive some snarky comments from real pros in the field. It happens. Hang on here for few months and your surprise/shock will fade, replaced with totally different, and less noble, feelings :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

irma2513
Irma F Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
12 of 14

Hello Mr. Rene.

Thank you so much for your comment. Smiley Wink

irma2513
13 of 14

Hi Davide,

I really appreciate your comment, thank you so much for your tips and of course that I will follow! It will be very usefull for me.

I will work more in my cover letter, because I don´t want that sounds too foreign !! :/. In general, since I started as a freelancer in March of this year, the results are great for me in this new chapter of my life and I really love it what I do now. I have had excellent communication with the clients and until today I did not have any inconvenient, the clue is improve my skills everyday and I am daily working on it Smiley Happy

Thanks for your time to comment about my doubt related with the rates.

This UpWork community has clarified me a lot of doubts!!!

- Eres muy amable Davide gracias por haberte tomado tu tiempo en responder a mi inquietud, se ve que eres muy profesional en lo que haces y tienes mucha experiencia. Te deseo mucho éxito!

- Saludos.
Irma.
The Spanish Speaker Smiley Tongue

irma2513
14 of 14

Firstly, let me say thank you to all of youCat LOL

Very good advices from all, I really appreciate your time to comment about my doubt.

I am already updated with the rates, and each day is a new learning in this amazing freelance world. Smiley Tongue

And what happend with the proposal ? well... Next !!! I didn´t accept, so turn the page.

Gracias queridos compañeros de UpWork, por todos sus comentarios, verdaderamente que despejaron mis dudas. Ya me he actualizado más en cuanto a las tarifas y precios por palabras, documentos, etc.. En el futuro me tendré mucho ojo con esas propuestas y pasaré la página.

Mucha suerte a todos.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS