🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two 4.80 feedbacks in a row
Page options
igorwork15
Community Member

Two 4.80 feedbacks in a row

Hello,

I have a question about my JSS, i have 100% for the past 3-4 months, and today my client ended the contract because i said that maybe be requires a bit too much for the price he is paying, i didnt wanted to continue working with him either, so we had two open contracts, he left 4.80 on both.

My question is, will that affect my JSS so bad, and to how much it will drop?

And about the private feedback, i dont know if he left one

15 REPLIES 15
spectralua
Community Member

Private feedback is a must, it was leaved for sure.

JSS calculation is a secret. Yes, it will be dropped. You will see how much soon, after calculated.

penngrp
Community Member

It should drop a little, but nothing to lose sleep over.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Very tricky. 

First, we don't know which private feedback he left, good or bad. Second, now you know it's unwise to have two open contracts with the same client - never do that again.

You only have 4 contracts ended with feedback. It's always a problem, because you can have wild swings due to the way the contracts move through the calculation windows. Worst case, the private feedback was 1/10 x 2, your JSS could drop to 50-60%. It is very unlikely he gave you 10/10. 

IMO, you will definitely fall below 90%, so before that happens, you should use your top-rated perk and have the feedback without comment removed, then only one of these will count. You can still land at 70%, it all depends on the unknown private feedback. If you can, get the open contracts ended WITH feedback. 

I cannot see it dropping 50% to 60% on two jobs totaling $30. 

You don't know what was in the private feedback.

2 jobs are 50% of his total jobs. 

Yes, I understand that, but my thing was the total value of those jobs are only $30.

Yes, that's true. 

We'll see the outcome next Sunday. I'm already curious what's going to happen!

So do you think i should send a ticket to get the contract removed so the jss wont drop that low?

You can wait until the next update, you will probably get below 90% (unless the client very unreasonably gave you great private feedback) and you still have time after that to get it removed. 

tlsanders
Community Member

Private feedback plays a much greater role than public, so the star rating doesn't really tell you much about what to expect. That aside, 4.8 is not a negative rating.

prestonhunter
Community Member

4.8 is a very good score. Almost perfect.

No freelancer should feel bad about such a score or spend time thinking about it.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Depending on how long you have used the site and the total number of recent contracts will determine your JSS. If it does change, it is not likely to decrease much.

William T C wrote:

Depending on how long you have used the site and the total number of recent contracts will determine your JSS. If it does change, it is not likely to decrease much.

Length of usage of the site has nothing to do with JSS. If the contracts in question account for 50% of his calculation base, the impact can be massive, namely 50%. 

jaycrutcher
Community Member

The Upwork JSS page does say that jobs with higher earnings will have more weight. So he can hope that the other 90% of his rated earnings save him.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members